crashed my bike

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• crashed my bike

absolutely gutted!

riding to work on tuesday, following a car, and a deer ran out in front of the car. we both braked, the deer made it, the car pulled away, and just as i was about to do the same the deer changed its mind and ran out in front of me

i hit it at about 35mph it was like hitting a wall. nothing broken, but plenty of bruises so my gear (a caberg v2r lid, rst leathers, gaerne boots) performed well - especially the lid i went down face first with no more damage than a fat lip

and to top it all, whilst in hospital afterwards, the police left my bike at the roadside and it looks like some thieving **** has stolen it!!!!

so i'm having a **** week, but i'll probably buy another kat with the insurance money; i've only had it a couple of months after riding big traillies and was really starting to gel with it

so a top piece of riding advice - wear good gear and dont hit a deer!!!!
    98 "post" 600 Kat - The Kat of Gold

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.
    There is another theory which states that this has already happened

sorry to hear that mate
    2015 BMW S1000R

Comment

glad you were able to get up and walk away, more or less.

Comment

Glad your ok man. Maybe the cops called in a wrecked to tow the bike?
        You called the pound?
        1990 GSXF 1100
        2011 KLR 650

Comment

Originally posted by KatKrak View Post
          You called the pound?
          Thats what I was thinking

Comment

Glad you are safe.
            -Fire Is Good, It purifies the Soul.
            sigpic

Comment

wow, glad your relatively ok. Sucks to hear about your bike, I hope it just got towed.
              It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Originally posted by KatKrak View Post
                You called the pound?
                yeah, the local police have rung round the three local ones that they use and no sign of it

they have no record of arranging recovery, but i hope its a clerical error and its been towed. otherwise its just an extra kick in the balls that i could do without
                98 "post" 600 Kat - The Kat of Gold

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.
                There is another theory which states that this has already happened

Comment

Dude absolute SUCKAGE!!!! But 2 good things come from this.....

Gear = Good and your fine...

And

You get a new BIKE!!!! ROCK ON BROTHER!!!

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

wow... and I thought i had bad luck...

Good hear is important... Gald you were mostly ok...

bike stolen... definitely sounds like something that would happen to me... I feel your pain!
                    FunEMT
                    2000 Katana 600

Comment

I haven't heard of many people who hit deer and lived to tell about it. I regret that your bike is down and gone, but that you are among us with only a fat lip is cause for celebration.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Glad your doing good, sorry to hear about your bike.
                        Grab life by the horns and punch it in the nose!

sigpic

Comment

A fat lip and a kick in the balls... maybe you werent on the bike and got your bell rung at the local pub? You woke up in a ditch and just assumed you were riding ? Meheheheh
                          1990 GSXF 1100
                          2011 KLR 650

Comment

Sorry to hear about your accident, glad you're ok. Last week while Paul.miner and myself were out on a ride we had a huge cow moose do the same thing I have heard stories about what happen to riders when they hit a moose most of the time it ends bad. So once again glad your ok and the bike can be replaced.
                            TRUST YOUR HANG !

Comment

hope you find your Bike .........

Comment

Working...
                              X