Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Idle adjustment screw just barely engaging.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Idle adjustment screw just barely engaging.

I just got done draining my fuel tank and a quick once over on the carbs to get all kinds of water out of the system. As I was putting everything back together, I noticed that the idle adjustment screw is just barely able to contact the stop to open the throttle plate. The spring on the assembly is stacked solid. Is there something simple I'm missing to fix this? Can I just take a couple coils out of the spring?

21 is fully compressed.
    Pics
    Pics
    No pics yet
    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

pull the carbs and do a visual sync (with the idle screw backed out not making contact), and then a vacuum sync. that should reset the idle screw
    99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
    1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
    '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
    Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

I had found, once I disassembled mine on one Kat, that the sheath itself was defective at one end (where it couples with the fitting), and the result was that the cable wasn't getting the right amount of extension past the end of sheath as a result. If the idle hadn't been out-of-range for adjustment with known-good/cleaned carbs, it would have been an infuriating problem to find...

Cheers
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
        I had found, once I disassembled mine on one Kat, that the sheath itself was defective at one end (where it couples with the fitting), and the result was that the cable wasn't getting the right amount of extension past the end of sheath as a result. If the idle hadn't been out-of-range for adjustment with known-good/cleaned carbs, it would have been an infuriating problem to find...

Cheers
        =-= The CyberPoet
        I've seen that a few times as well. I would suggest replacing part #19.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
        X