Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Does the crotch rocket label bother you ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the crotch rocket label bother you ?

So you're sitting at work with a picture of your bike on your desk, or maybe you have one in your locker? Maybe you ride to work and somebody comes up to you and says, "why dont u ride a real bike?" or why don't you ride a harley ? I'd never ride "one of those" they're way to dangerous!!

Does it ever get to you, to the point you wanna start and beat some sense into them? or do u just let it roll off your back ?

People still come by my desk and say "is that your boyfriends?" even when there is a pic of us both in gear on our own bikes ?!
    So when I say its mine I get a lot of OMGs.

When I am riding,most people are so blown away that it is a girl riding, they don't care what kind of bike it is
    Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register

Comment

Is this after he/or she gets out of there mini van and stares at your machine for a while, then decides to blurt out absolute nonsense, giving the quote "if I have to explain it to you you wouldn't understand" 100% credit. So in the best interest of everyone just turn around walk away and don't even concern yourself. I'll bet ya, all they do all day is get excited when they see AMERICAN CHOPPER on discovery channel

Comment

Anyone that describes my crotch as "a rocket"... I tend to ignore.

Unless she's hot.

Comment

Originally posted by Junior
          Anyone that describes my crotch as "a rocket"... I tend to ignore.

Unless she's hot.

I think that is supposed to be "Love rocket"

I don't like "crotch rocket", but I would never get all bent either. For ann hour this morning, in the office next to mine I heard two harley riders talking about "crotch rockets" and the crazy sh!t they do on the freeways. I feel like saying, that's not me nor is it all of us. Mostly, I just ignore them.
          AMA member # 224227

Comment

i hate the crotch rocket term. The funniest thing is most of the riders I know have are cruiser riders and the are way more wreckless than the sportriders I know
            Visit www.knee-draggers.com And sign up now!

Comment

I like crotch-rocket better than rice-burner. When Harley-enthousiasts (most of whom approach me don't ride themselves -- they just love the image of the HD's) ask me why I ride what I ride, I always answer the same way:

I can't honestly seeing paying three times as much for less acceleration, significantly lower top speed, far worse braking and far worse handling just to ride an American built bike based on 60 year old technology. I want the extra performance for my own safety, among other things. It's like comparing a new BMW to a Flathead Ford from the early 50's, with the BMW being one-third the price.

Cheers
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I don't care what they call the bikes. They are mine and that's all that matters.

Q: Why don't you buy a REAL bike?

A: Why don't you go out with a decent looking chick?
                A: As opposed to what?
                A: I own 3 bikes for less than you paid for that slow POS.
                Ron
                MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

doesn't bother me either way. unless we get into a discusion of "your all crazy riders". then I get a lil bent
                  rock
                  always working on mods

Comment

The crotchrocket label doesn't bother me. I've gotten razzed a few times, (and surrounded once ) but usually my speedo gives me a certain amount of respect. One reason is because most sportsbikes look the same, and unless they know bikes (which most Harley and Cruiser riders don't), the capabilities of a Kat versus an R1 are lost on them. But they tend to know what a Hayabusa is. I think that comes from some knowledge of drag racing where HD has had some success. Most wouldn't know a CBR from a Ducati.

The whole thing reminds me of guys that buy trucks and suv's then slam them an inch off the ground and put 50' Daytons on them. "Uh..... you're going to be hauling....What?". Or 4x4's with chrome wheels that will never see dirt unless it's in the driveway. Like most cruisers and Harleys, it's just for show. And if that's what curls your toes then I'm cool with that. Just don't try and tell me that it's a better bike for what I do, which is ride. If all I want to do is join my accountant/lawyer/insurance broker biker "gang" for a hard-core, butt-busting, roadie to the nearest Coffee Bean for a "chi-cappa-frappa-alpachino", I'm looking for the best Shovelhead I can find.

If I actually want to ride a bike, I'll get a sportsbike.
                    sigpic

Comment

If they are just kidding around, I usually blow it off, but if I hear a discussion about it, and they are getting pretty mean, I can't help but step in and give em my .02 about it. I hate stereotypes!!

Comment

Originally posted by tdrcomm
                        ... 50' Daytons on them...

...to the nearest Coffee Bean for a "chi-cappa-frappa-alpachino"...
                        50 foot Daytons? Dude, you guys in Cali are Pimpin'

As for the coffee...
                        AMA member # 224227

Comment

I am usually driving by too fast to hear them call it a crotch rocket

Comment

My brother rides harleys, I told him if I wanted a ride like that, I have one at home, that reclines, with a big TV and DVD player in front of it. :P

If everyone who owned a harley shirt owned a harley the company would have more money then Microsoft..

Crotch Rocket is OK by me..
                            No Rice Burner nonsense though..

Comment

A guy at work just got a custom, told me it was 113 cubic inches.....that's about 1850cc!!?? He was bragging about his horsepower, almost 130 to the rear wheel! He further told me he's got 135 ft lbs of torque! Ok, that is impressive....I told him my stock 1000 puts out 120 ponies and about 98 lbs of torque...agreed I got less as far as the numbers go, but there's no way he'll catch me anywhere.

Comment

Working...
                              X