New Katana owner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Katana owner

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to pop in and say hi. I picked up a well-used 2000 Suzuki Katana 600 yesterday, so I thought I'd sign up for this forum. I am really looking forward to tinkering with this bike over the winter

My other bike is an '82 Honda CB900C, so this will be quite a change of pace for me!

Welcome to Katriders
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

You will probably dig the difference. I had a Honda VTX1300C and a new 06 750 Kat at the same time and loved switching back and forth. Welcome!

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Welcome to KR

Comment

Welcome to KatRiders.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Thanks everyone! It's definitely going to be a fun project, so I am looking forward to getting some information from this site that'll help me with the repairs and future modifications that I might want to do.

I've already started working on it: I straightened out one of the handlebars that was bent in a previous drop, so it no longer hits the fairing when fully locked. Speaking of being dropped, this bike is quite rashed up one each side so I might invest in some new fairings or try to repair mine myself and have them re-sprayed. But that's just cosmetic stuff so I'm not too concerned right now.

After tightening up the chain today, I took it out for a little clandestine ride around the neighbourhood just to try and get a feel for how it rides and I was pleasantly surprised... It's got quite a bit of grunt for a ~500 lb bike with a 200 lb rider on top!

I managed to get it on the center stand in the garage today, and I noticed that the bike seems to lean to the right a bit when it's on its stand. Is this a normal thing for these bikes? My CB900 is perfectly level when it's up on its center stand, so this is throwing me off a bit.

Comment

Welcome!

Should be level on the centerstand. Are you sure the ground is flat?
              Repairing is probably an easier route than replacing - you won't be able to buy new ones. (The eBay china ones don't fit, not well made). Abs cement (most hardware stores have it in the plumbing section) and sandpaper and paint (and time) are all you need.

Good luck!
              1998 Katana 750
              1992 Katana 1100
              2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Yeah the ground is flat, so I'm thinking maybe the center stand got slightly bent when it was dropped.

Thanks for the tip, I'll look into that!

Comment

Welcome to KR
                  sigpic
                  98 Katana 750 89 Katana 600
                  Corbin Gunfighter & Scorpion Pipe

Comment

Working...
                  X