No announcement yet.
X

Katana 600 a good beginner bike?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I started riding this season, and got my 02 Kat 600 in mid-April.

IMO, it's an adequate starter bike. I haven't ridden anything else, but I can tell you that sometimes the weight can be a chore, especially when you are trying to do low-speed or even worse no-speed (walking) manuevers.

Comment

Yeaaaa, only 2 out of thr 5 are sportbikes and 1 of those 2 doesnt pass inspection and the other is already sold. The market is huge!

Comment

The Kat is my first street bike and IMO it is a great starter. It has more power than I need. I was going to get a Kawasaki EX250 from a friend, but considering I am 225lbs., I thought that would be a bad decision. I agree, the Kat is heavy, and can be difficult to move, but it is an investment, considering I probably would have got tired of the 250 or even 500 within 2 months.

On the other hand, fairings are expensive.....

Comment

Originally posted by Flip
          Yeaaaa, only 2 out of thr 5 are sportbikes and 1 of those 2 doesnt pass inspection and the other is already sold. The market is huge!
          My daddy can beat up your daddy Dude, all I'm saying is that stuff is available out there. You want a sportsbike for less than $2K, you can get it.
          Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
          - Albert Einstein

Comment

I actually don’t understand how anyone would consider the Katana or any 600+ cc a beginner bike. They may be mistakenly comparing the moto with a fat v-twin, which is a weight issue more than anything else. That said, I say you should first learn to ride with a smaller cc moto (say a 250cc as mentioned above) and graduate to a larger bike. The best advice I can give anyone is to buy whatever you like and can afford (regardless of engine size.) Remember the throttle and your mind can be your best friend or mortal enemy. In general, it’s the decision you make while riding that keep you safe or in trouble.
            Alex - 03 750Kat for street, 01 DRZ400e for dirty fun stuff. Stay safe and ride well…

Comment

600 katana

i learn to ride on a used 600. I love it so much i bought a new one this year.

adam

Comment

A 2005 Katana 600 brand new was my first bike and I absolutely love it. I have never even rode a dirtbike, 4 wheeler or any thing like that. Also, I am only 5'5 145 lbs and at first I was scared that the bike was going to be too heavy for me, but over time I have grown comfortable with it. I say go for it.

Comment

It was my first bike, and I like it.

Comment

Working...
                  X