No announcement yet.
X

spring tune up.. I'm a NEWB! w/pics!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wet clutch, it's normal. The cold oil between the friction surfaces adds drag even with the clutch disengaged.
    Blackdog
    DRz-400e plated
    Blue 05 750 (sold, sob)

Comment

• Great! learn something new all the time!

Thanks,

Brandon
      -Brandon

Comment

• Oh boy this is a long thread. But very interesting.

Comment

• hahaha thanks wing! it was a learning experience.

I am sad to report I sold the Katana a few days ago to a good friend of mine. He will be passing it onto his wife. I rode the Katana to deliver it to them and it had never worked as good as it did on that final drive. 61,000kms and I know it has another 60,000kms left in it. I'll miss it, but at least it's not too far away. I really hope she piles the miles to it, it deserves to be ridden.

This site is an invaluable resource, I couldn't have gained the knowledge and experience I now have without this site. If you have the means, pay for the full featured site it's only $20. You've likely wasted more than that troubleshooting a problem when you could have found the solution here!

Good luck to everyone!

-Brandon
          -Brandon

Comment

• Where did you order your tank bra? I can't find them anywhere online and I lost mine when I moved.
            - Josh

2003 Suzuki Katana 600, Two Brothers Carbon Fiber exhaust, plasti dipped black and green (almost). I live and ride in Upstate NY.

Comment

• Funny story about that tank bra!

my tank wasn't secured, and fell off and bounced around the back of my friends truck. It beat it up pretty good where your belly would touch. I had been looking all over for a tank bra and one happened to pop up on Kijiji (Canada's version of Craigs list) the same day this happened! You're likely not going to find a new one, but keep your eye open for used - they are out there!
              -Brandon

Comment

Working...
              X