X

spoiled by the almighty kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spoiled by the almighty kat

well, this weekend me and a couple of buddies decided to ride from long beach to san diego, using pch which runs along the coast all the way through. i'm fairly new to riding, and my pre 98 is my first bike. now i've done this trip a couple of times on the kat with no problem, but yesterday my buddy wanted to try out my bike and let me ride his 03 gixxer.

needless to say i will never own a sport bike, i made it about 50 miles down the road and my back was killing me. i had to stop and stretch about four times, whereas on the kat i drive straight through. it was at that moment that i truly appreciated the kat and all it had to offer. i was thinking of buying a ss bike when i was ready to upgrade, but no thanks, i'm gonna stick to my kat, and whatever future models that they use to replace it when it's gone.

even my buddy who borrowed for the day said he'd rather take the kat again next time rather than his bike, he also got spoiled. now everyone else wants to give it a shot, so who knows, maybe i can get them all to ride and enjoy our beloved kat.

Re: spoiled by the almighty kat

Originally posted by ray90813
    now everyone else wants to give it a shot, so who knows, maybe i can get them all to ride and enjoy our beloved kat.
    seeing as it is discontinued, they will have to buy used.
    I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Wish I'd known - it would have been cool to meet another Kat rider. It was a nice day for a ride, but I opted to stay local and get a little work done around here. I'll probably be out riding tomorrow - gotta' go take care of a couple of work-related things.

Nice to see another Long Beach resident!
      ---Jeff (Long Beach Represent!)

'99 Katana 750 (Metallic Space Blue / Matte Silky Gray Metallic)
      Plus some cars.

"Never Break More than You Fix..."

Comment

PCH is a breeze on a Kat, mostly because you really can't exploit it (given traffic and the road and the law and LEO's) on a supersport bike... I've come down it from Monterey and it was lovely...

Looks like sports-tourers are your future

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

a few times ive been reminded how nice the kat's seating is.

On my first ride with with a group, everyone had ss bikes. I had the oldest bike there with a 91 kat but never had to use the many stops along the way to stretch like they did. One dude sat on my kat and said it was a cadillac compared to his, and wanted to trade for the trip. no thx.. ha

another ride i was with my friend who had a cbr600rr and he was riding two up. we stopped along the road and he sat on mine with his wife just to see how it was. his wife was all for the kat needless to say.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
              PCH is a breeze on a Kat, mostly because you really can't exploit it (given traffic and the road and the law and LEO's) on a supersport bike... I've come down it from Monterey and it was lovely...

Looks like sports-tourers are your future

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Ok with this comment...where haven't you been Cyber??? ...It's like you've been everywhere...
              Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
              Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
              Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

Yup I can't stand riding my friend's gsxr600. It feels like my head is directly over the front wheel. Uncomfortable as heck! Even turning feels strange.
                "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                JOHN 16:33

Comment

deleted

Comment

yeah i was thinking of upgrading to a newer bike, and i was planning on a newer gen katana, but after hearing of it's discontinuation, i'm gonna have to look elsewhere.

i've actually been looking at the sv1000's for quite some time now, wish i knew someone with that bike to try it out, but, anyways, all good things come to an end i guess, poor kats.

Comment

Honda is suppose to be the most comfortable but kats are pretty comfortable too from only just setting on them. When i had a gsx600 i could only ride it for about 1hour 30min and thats pushing it riding it around town and stretching at stoplights
                      06 KAT 600

Stupidly Quick, Underdressed, Ignorant and Dangerous

Comment

i like the hondas alot too but they are a bit more pricier than all the other companies. in the meantime i'm gonna put a little more money and my kat and really personalize it a bit more. and when the time is right i'll have to think of buying a new bike.

Comment

Working...
                        X