Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Will katana fairings off an 05 fit on my 02?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will katana fairings off an 05 fit on my 02?

Will katana fairings off an 05 fit on my 02 katana

The front and sides should, but the rear tail faring is different because the tail light changed in 03.
    Kyle

Comment

+1 on Woobie.

If you get the new tail light assembly, all the fairings should fit; if not, only those from the front edge of the seat forward will.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Hi, I'm new to the forum and actually new to owning a bike. I recently purchased a 2002 600 and I was interested in this topic as well. I went to worldofpowersports.com and was looking at the '03 taillight assembly. I'm planning on getting the clear alternatives tail light so I was wondering which of the parts I would need. Also, is the tail fairing the same as the "fender rear" and what parts of the rear fender do I need to buy and which can I reuse from my current '02 setup?

Comment

Hey Rob, why not just get a 98-02 CA taillight? it would be cheaper and less work just to swap the tail light rather than the entire rear plastics.
          Kyle

Comment

I don't like the look of the '02 taillights. The '03-present look a lot better. My understanding is that the taillight assemblies can only be used for fairings of their respective years/styles (for example '02 taillight assembly can only be used on '02 fairing and '03 taillight assembly on '03 fairing) meaning I can't use an '03 taillight assembly with an '02 fairing.

Comment

No you are right, the whole tail must be swapped from a 03+ bike to your to use the new style tail light.

There is a thread somewhere on here by someone who did it.
              Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by robm
                My understanding is that the taillight assemblies can only be used for fairings of their respective years/styles (for example '02 taillight assembly can only be used on '02 fairing and '03 taillight assembly on '03 fairing) meaning I can't use an '03 taillight assembly with an '02 fairing.
                Correct.

If you're any good at fairing repairs, SpecialK has a '03 tail with a chunk the size of a quarter missing back by the light from what understand -- I'm sure he'd be happy to part with it for under $100.

Cheers
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Thanks all for your help/advice. Unfortunately I'm not very good at fairing repairs as I am just new to this bike world. I'll look for the thread of the person who made the swap but meanwhile does anyone know how difficult of a swap this is? Also does anyone know what OEM part the rear tail fairing for an '03 is? Once I get the parts in and start working I'll start a thread on my progess for anyone who might want to do this in the future.

Comment

Here is a great deal on ebay with every thing you should need!!

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

Thanks ZukiFred, that's a real nice find ... much appreciation. Bought it and awaiting its arrival now. Like I said, I'll take pictures of the procedure and let eveyone know how it goes. I'll have to take off decals/sand/paint the new fairing too so it should be interesting.

Comment

yes.. ebay the evil of the world !!! cost me to much

Comment

Working...
                        X