X

Katana to GS500 conversion?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Katana to GS500 conversion?

I love my bike and its great for a starter street bike but it looks so dated. I couldn't pass up the bike at only $800 but I want to change the front end of it a bit. I was looking on ebay for katana stuff and stumbled across a few GS500's. Does anyone know (or has anyone done) how hard it would be to do a GS500 headlight swap? To me it just seems taking off the fairings, the cruiser style headlight, and the GS500 gauges. Would say a gauge pack off a 93 GS work on my 93 GSXF?

Thanks
    Tom
    1993 Suzuki Katana 600 - Street fighter project - (Pre street fighter mods>>>>) silver/blue, Clear front/rear turn signals, Smoked windscreen, Vance and Hines Exhaust, billet bar ends, '05 CBR600RR mirrors
    2001 Yamaha R6 - 100% stock other than Yosi slip on - garage queen
    1983 Honda CX650 - Bobber project

Are you talking about putting the GS500
    headlight and gauges on a Kat?
    No fairings?

The GS500 headlight will only fit off a year with the
    same fork size (42mm) I spent waaaaay too much time trying to get smaller ones to fit. The Gauges are only
    compatible if the tach is the same. You may have better
    luck fitting your Kat gauges into a GS instument pod.

Comment

I was talking about putting on the GS headlight and taking off the fairings but I was searching the board and found some pics of a light blue katana that had a similar conversion and the frame hangs way below the tank. I thought the frame followed the tank. It wouldnt look as good as I thought it would
      1993 Suzuki Katana 600 - Street fighter project - (Pre street fighter mods>>>>) silver/blue, Clear front/rear turn signals, Smoked windscreen, Vance and Hines Exhaust, billet bar ends, '05 CBR600RR mirrors

Comment

Hey thats my bike yer talking about!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
          Oh I'm not dissin' the bike. I just thought the frame followed the tank (or vise versa) like on the GS500. I guess I never invisioned my bike without the side fairing.

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
            Touchie touchie...!

Comment

dude the gs 500 is ugly as hell and as far as guages it doesnt have gas, clock or anything like that

Comment

Originally posted by suzukisportrider2004
                dude the gs 500 is ugly as hell...
                to each his own

Long Live the D

Comment

Working...
                X