X

what is a katana?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My two cents

Umm the original Katana designed by target design and Hans a Muth, is and will always be the original katana. I belong to a couple of other websites and if you call the gsx-f a katana you get flamed bad, thats why I like it here.

In new zealand and australia they are simply gsxf's and marketed and sold as such.

It's just another name like fire blade or ninja etc. You dont often see the katana stickers on the -98's over here.
    Attached Files
    1996 Suzuki gsx-f 750 fighter
    1988 Yamaha tzr 250 with tt350 fourstroke fitted
    2004 Schwinn stingray with 80cc twostroke fitted

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
      Originally posted by Yellow2002Kat
      +1. From what I've read in the past, the GSXF designation in Europe was the result of a settlement in a copyright infringement lawsuit.
      Got a link for that??
      Curious...
      Mostly because they're marketing the AY50 under the Katana name in Europe.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      No, I can't find anything to back that up. I sure remember reading something to that effect, but I can't find it anywhere. Maybe it was just because they already had the scooter of the same name...but dammit...why do I remember reading that Sorry for the misinformation - it was unintentional Still gonna keep looking because it's burning in the back of my brain somewhere - or maybe I should take that sparkler out of my hair
      ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

Working...
      X