X

need pics of paint rims

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need pics of paint rims

I want to paint my rims, but i do not know which way to do it. Either strip the outer rim and paint yellow and leave inner star black, or paint the star yellow and leave outer rim black.

Anyone have any pics of someone doing this ?
    " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

i wouldn't paint / clearcoat them. pull the tires off have the bearings pressed out & have them powdercoated. it's a lot more durable.

i had it done when i needed a new set of tires. i also ordered new bearings instead of using the old ones.

powdercoat & bead blast was about $100 for both wheels
    new bearings about $60

tim

Comment

damn..i wasnt looking to spend that much. i still have my matching paint from colorite and was going to use that. would even their paint not hold up well ?
      " The key to Immortality., is first living a life worth remembering." -St Augustine

Comment

I am restoring an 83 gs550, and I am painting the rims.
        for sure powdercoat is better, but I just don't feel like pulling the tires off and going through the whole process.
        I am using dupli-color wheel paint, and it seems quite durable. for sure it might only last a couple of years, but then you just pull the wheel, give it a light sanding and re-spray it.
        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Working...
        X