No announcement yet.
X

Riding the right lane of a big bridge = rider dead in NY

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i bet its possible i mean i have heard of people jumping out of airplanes and there shoot not opening and landing in very soft ground... and living to tell about it so i would take my chances with the water.
    "you build a life of success a day at a time"
    Tim Hultz

Comment

Originally posted by codye06
      i bet its possible i mean i have heard of people jumping out of airplanes and there shoot not opening and landing in very soft ground... and living to tell about it so i would take my chances with the water.
      ya....I saw one on tv once where it showed the body bounce after a chute didn't open. the person survived.

200 ft could be possible, but your entry is the key. bellyflop? forget it!
      you would need the perfect dive.....not flailing around and screaming like a baby.
      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by TurboMike
        The Williamsburg is like 200 feet over the water. Theres no way to survive that trip. I'll take my chances with the traffic.
        I would be interested in seeing how many people get killed/injured by being ejected over the edge of a bridge versus being run over after going down. I would bat that you are much more likely to get run over than you are to fly over the edge. Either way it would suck.

Comment

Originally posted by tzortn
          I understand your point, but I would not let this incident change your riding habits. If the rider was in the center lane and got ejected from the bike he would have just as much of a chance to be run over and killed by another car.
          +1
          I read a story last year about a kid in Chicago (I think) who was in his car seat in a parked minivan who was run over by a plane from the adjacent airfield. When it's time to go, it's time to go.

Comment

I believe the dude was riding with some friends and they said on the news that a car came into his lane and he hit the car in front of him and sent him flying.sucks..

Comment

Working...
            X