No announcement yet.
X

New guy saying Hi

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I went with the rivet link. I think that is the way to go. I did wind up having many snap-links (one I bought, others that came with a lot of parts). I keep one with the bike, it might help me patch my chain, or help someone else out, or just be extra junk I carry on the bike forever.
    '81 GS850G, '90 GSX1100F, '96 BMW K1100RS

Comment

I got the carbs colortuned today and the bike runs better than it has ever since I picked it up. Was raining so I didn't get to take it for a ride but hopefully tomorrow will be better or next week when I come back from work. I can tell it has instant throttle response so I hope the factory pro kit did the trick and it will be rideable this season and the gas mileage will be greatly improved over that dyna jet kit. We will see.

Comment

I finally got the bike out today and wow what a difference. The bike has never since I have owned it run so well. There is a little sluggishness from 1500 to 3000 rpm's, but I think tweaking the needle will fix that and I plan on getting the bike on a dyno in the next few weeks. Any one what to buy a shitty dyna jet kit? Ha. Ebay here is comes.

Comment

Are you running the oem air filter now?

Comment

Yes I am. I was surprised that I had to turn the idle mixture screws out almost 4 turns. I think it was like 3.8 turns out but it idles great and thats where the colortune was most consistent and blue. it is still a little doggy down around 2000 to 3000 rpm so I will be lowering the needle 1 position and seeing how that works. I plan on next week bringing it into a guy with a dyno and really seeing where is it.

Comment

Very nice looking bike. Those mixture screws that far out, are you getting any resistance in the springs that far out. I have had em vibrate completely out on cv carbs at 3.5. Good luck

Comment

Working...
              X