X

Draining out the gastank/carbs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Draining out the gastank/carbs?

How would i go about draining the gas tank?

I know there is a proper way of doing it but how would i go about this?

I would normally just hold the tank upside down into a bucket and just let it drain out LMAO >.<

also how would i drain out the carbs?? I've read that there is some sort of screw or bolt? Can anyone confirm this? and if so where can it be located?

i have a 95 600 kat by the way
    Last edited by thomasman; 03-17-2008, 10:23 AM.
    1995 SUZUKI 600 My PURPLE BEAST =)

My build and progress thread

The carbs have drain screws. The are located at the bottom of the bowls.
    They face the side of the bike so if you're looking at the carbs from the side the heads are pointing at you. Two face one way two the other (left and right).
    However keep in mind the gas will drain all over the engine. (unless 98+ have tubes??) So have rags handy.

Draining the tank can be a PIA. My suggestion (it is how I did it) is to tip the tank (off the bike) on its right side and remove the petcock. If you can sit the tank over a bucket (like it was sitting on the bike) it should all drain out. Rocking it side to side should get it all out.

Be careful..

Comment

Alright thanks!!
      1995 SUZUKI 600 My PURPLE BEAST =)

My build and progress thread

Comment

Why remove the petcock? Just set it to PRI and it will drain. May not be quick, but it will happen.

Of course, if you need to remove the petcock anyway, BP's method is the way to go.
        Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
        -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
        -Terence

Comment

Originally posted by brooder View Post
          Why remove the petcock? Just set it to PRI and it will drain. May not be quick, but it will happen.

Of course, if you need to remove the petcock anyway, BP's method is the way to go.

Thats how i DID it....I just placed a bucket under the tank with it set on PRI and it wook 30 to 45 minutes to drain the whole tank...

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

sorry to revive an old thread, but i didnt wanna start a new one...

when i put my petcock on pri, the gas doesnt drain out...
            i tried shaking it and opening the cap, i even let it sit for a while, but nothing happens. any suggestions?

Comment

If your putting it on "Pri" and nothings coming out. Your petcocks got issues. Cyber has rebuild kits avaliable.

Either that or the screen ontop of the petcocks so totally blocked with sludge that its preventing anything to flow. In which case, you need to remove the petcock and clean the screen.
              If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
              Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

tahnks for the reply, i did some reading and its probably blocked with sludge as i have a rusted tank.

Comment

Ok, then you definately need to address and fix the rust with something like Por-15 before putting that tank back on the bike, or else your just gonna screw up the carbs.

Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

Already ordered some

Comment

Indeed

Comment

Working...
                      X