Helmet of the Year: GMX GMax GM68S

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

looks like a nice lil helemt there
    i like the pretty light ohhhhhhh ahhhhhhhhh wooww

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

Originally posted by Gytrdunkat View Post
      That's what I got. And believe me, if it fit's BP's skull...:mrgreen:

One point to note, call before you go looking, 1000's are hard to find, well here anyways.
      No worries. One of my buddies is a Scorpion rep
      Ron
      MSgt, USMC (Retired)

Comment

Originally posted by Gytrdunkat View Post
        That's what I got. And believe me, if it fit's BP's skull...:mrgreen:
        Ohh it will come.. It may take years.. but it will come..

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
          Ohh it will come.. It may take years.. but it will come..

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post
            OK it has been mentioned three times..
            Here is the link..
            Motorcyclist, America’s First motorcycle magazine, publishes new and used motorcycle reviews, bike news, and riding tips for riders that love to ride motorcycles!

Read it and it might change your mind about DOT only lids.
            NOTE: the SNELL 2010 standard has been "softened" to align with the MC findings, but SNELL denies it has to do with the article. They in fact trashed MC for running the article.
            Wow, what an eye opening article. I have not seen it before.
            It seems to fall into line with current car design. Where cars are less rigid now in order to better absorb the impact and save the driver. So the helmet absorbs the shock and saves the brain.

Still, I dont think I will be running out any time soon and getting that new Walmart special helmet. But a GMax, thats a different story...
            2005 750 Katana
            sigpic

Comment

Does anyother sompany own gmax or press the helmets? I only ask because it looks really similar to the Bell helmet that i have.....
              2005 600, Chopped Shovel, Smoked Turn Signals and Rear Light, 14/50 Sprocket Change, Lubetronic, Whiteface Gauges, Chrome Reflective Screen, Anodized Bar ends and Levers, Met. z3's and some nuts and bolts!!

Comment

Oh yeah just found this thread

I picked up the helmet after my previous one had a tiny drop, very minimal but still cause enough for a new lid

Review: THe GMAX is night and light, with a lot of vents, it comes with a dark shield as well as a dark blinky light shield, the stock red that comes does not match at all to the helmet.

Graphics: They are okay, sort of a dragon or something, i'm not a full fan of the design but it works The paint is high quality at least.

Comfort: The helmet has a very good fit and comfort level, good padding but not too much, small cavities for speakers, it has a nice pieve of material which gives a better fit/sealing of air around the chin

Vents: Whoa. there are a ton of vents, i had one cold ride when i thought they were closed...but they weren't, there's a nice feel to the vents how they slide and they can provide very little to A LOT of airflow, i can't wait to try this helmet out on warmer days.

Blinky light: I like the idea. You get 3 modes, i feel a bit more visible, the setup of the light inside the helmet is kinda cheesy, no real covering or protection besides the shield outside which you want to change to the darker one, 4 AAA batteries power it, so it's nice and easy to replace.

The face shield is nice and beefy, with some solid clicks to let you know where it is going to stay, which is great because my other helmet kinda slipped and my CL-15 was too wide

Overall: This helmet really gets a Solid A and an A+ because of the price, i got mine for 107 shipped, with a dark shield included, and a nice helmet bag, you can't beat that. Highly Recommended.
                Sorry, I have balls.

Comment

Thanks for the review. I might just get one of these instead of a HJC.

Comment

Def. Grab one, i had an HJC CL-14 and 15 and the GMax is superior
                    Sorry, I have balls.

Comment

I just got mine, I LOVE it.

it vents great, doenst fog up and is really quiet.
                      Also keeps wind out of your chin/neck area fairly well.

definitely a two thumbs up!

Comment

where to buy ?
                        I ride, therefore I am.

Comment

Originally posted by seabound View Post
                          where to buy ?
                          Listed on their website...lots of sno-mo places in and around Ottawa.
                          93 1100....big kitty!

Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it...

Comment

I had to check this helmet out so I went to my regular bike shop. $135.00 CDN with all the stuff as claimed in the video. I have a pretty round head (large at that too) and the Gmax had void spaces all over the place. Next size was too small. They must have used a #5 soccer ball as the mold.
                            R.I.P. Marc

Comment

Doesn't sound like this helmet is getting good reviews from kat members. Whats the difference between this and the GM68? Nothing really? they have a cool one of those in black.

Comment

Originally posted by Steveb View Post
                                Listed on their website...lots of sno-mo places in and around Ottawa.

I only know of Ottawa Good Time Centre ... I didn't see that helmet there ... what store are you refering to ?
                                I ride, therefore I am.

Comment

Working...
                                X