No announcement yet.
X

SKULL FACE & BRAIN BUCKET FLESH GEAR PIT JACKET

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I totaly agree with all three of the last posts. I think we have met a common ground...lol Everyone was just so quick to judge this guy along with others for not wearing what they would or should wear.
    Keep right except to pass!
    myspace.com/brianlmullins

Comment

Originally posted by tzortn
      Guys correct me if I am wrong, but it seems that BP and Wingspan tend to view the motorcycle as a toy or a luxury.
      I believe that for the VAST majority of the riding population, their bike is a luxury. I also believe the motorcycle is a luxury for even for the majority of those claiming a lack of money for not having gear.

I think some of you need to stop putting your own thoughts into what I've said. I have not dictated what others should wear. I have not called anyone a squid. I've not judged anyone for wearing less than full gear. Even when I poked fun at 246STUNNA, it was with regard to his fashion sense and not because he wasn't wearing leathers.

What I have done is disputed this idea that people are forced to ride with less gear than they themselves feel they should, because people aren't forced to ride. Is there some odd instance in the world where a person was in some life or death situation that dictated riding without a helmet...maybe but is that really a common situation? You can buy a cheap used car for about the same as a cheap bike. Bicycles are still viable transportation in urban areas. Walking has always been free.

In the overwhelming majority of cases, people want a bike and they want it now. If they don't have the money at the time to buy a bike and gear, they buy the bike. They think to themselves, "I'll buy the bike now, and get a helmet next payday (month, year, whatever)" Then, when someone says something about their gear, they get defensive and pretend as though they had no choice. When more often than not, they did have a choice and chose to get the bike first.

I personally....would buy a bike and ride with just a helmet and gloves before I didn't ride at all. My riding style would obviously ease up a bit but I would still be riding. If anything, for the gas saving capabilities and ease of commute afforded by a motorcycle. That's just me though. Maybe others will sit in their bedroom dressed in their full leathers, helmet and Kevlar gloves making engine noises....I would rather be riding.
      This is a statement I can respect because it acknowledges that your riding without a jacket was a choice you made and not some condition forced upon you by a lack of $$$. Even if sitting in a bedroom making engine noises isn't the choice you would make, it is a choice you could make.

Do you think those guys just making noises do so because they'd rather have gear than a bike? Hell no!
      I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

wingspan while my commit never called you out personaly it does call out many people on KR. all you have to do is type squid in the search area and you find all the people who seems that its there right to label others who do stuff differently squids.

Comment

Originally posted by koolcutta
          wingspan while my commit never called you out personaly it does call out many people on KR. all you have to do is type squid in the search area and you find all the people who seems that its there right to label others who do stuff differently squids.
          FWIW here's the definition of "squid" that I prefer:

squid (skwd)
          n. pl. squids or squid

A motorcycle rider who demonstrates a lack of respect for the general public and the failure to realize the possible negative impact that could result from their riding actions on public or non-public roads.

The squid is just unable to rationalize or conceptualize the possible negative outcomes resulting from their actions. This is regardless of whether or not they wear protective gear.

The squid does not realize that it is not that they are not wearing gear that makes them a squid - it is the fact that they think they are exempt from social morales and can pull a 10 o`clock wheelie on public roads or weave in and out of traffic at twice the traffic speed just because they can.
          I didn't come up with the definition, it's from another site. However, it sums up my thoughts on the matter pretty well. Squid is a mindset, not a wardrobe.

We're all squids in someone's eyes, btw...some riders are just seen that way by more people than others.
          I like you. When the world is mine your death will be quick and painless.

Comment

Originally posted by Wingspan

We're all squids in someone's eyes
            I 100% AGREE WITH THAT STATEMENT

Comment

Originally posted by tzortn
              Guys correct me if I am wrong, but it seems that BP and Wingspan tend to view the motorcycle as a toy or a luxury. Therefore they feel that if you are going to buy this toy you better be able to buy motorcycle specific protective gear along with it.
              Not really. The government mandates the installation of seatbelt in cars. States mandate their use. Don't use the seat belt? Get a ticket. Is anyone here going to argue that seat belts are safer than no seat belt?

If your state says you need insurance to have a vehicle, then you carry that insurance or you get ticketed or you don't drive a vehicle. These are the costs of exercising the privilege of driving. If you can't insure your vehicle you can't drive it. Too poor to insure the vehicle? Then you can't drive. Why do states make it a law that you wear a seat belt and carry insurance? Because too many people who made poor choices forced them too. Either for economic reasons (insurance) or the people of the state decided to try and legislate stupidity (seat belt laws).

It does not have to be full race leathers with an Arai helmet, but it should be a decent padded/armored jacket, SNELL/DOT helmet etc.
              No one said anything about full leathers. Some people on this thread have made ridiculous exaggerations about our opinions.

Canatuna is looking at it like some guy may be riding a cheap bike to get by until they have the cash to buy better gear. Is this correct?
              Seems to me like he's talking about a guy who's buying useless gear to get by because he spent too much on his bike. Don't tell me you had to spend $3000 on a motorcycle and now you only have enough cash left to buy a lid. BS! you should have only spent $2720 on the bike and the other 280 on proper gear.

My only mode of transportation in Austin was my bike.. It was putting food on the table. Look either you take a motorcycle seriously or you're a squid to me.. You may think of your bike as a luxury Tzortn but it is not a toy!

Comment

Like I said before, don't wear the proper gear, thats okay whether you can afford it or not...Just wish my tax money didn't go to all the road rash kings out there...
                "So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young"

Comment

Originally posted by madkatana
                  Like I said before, don't wear the proper gear, thats okay whether you can afford it or not...Just wish my tax money didn't go to all the road rash kings out there...
                  as long as there harleys and tank tops there will be road rash kings to eat up your tax dough

Comment

Originally posted by koolcutta
                    Originally posted by madkatana
                    as long as there harleys and tank tops there will be road rash kings to eat up your tax dough
                    Yeah squids!

Comment

My CLOSING argument:
                      I dont really care at this point. People will do as they do. I think everyone should do what they can to protect themselves while riding. Some choose not to though. Some refuse to and yes...some cant afford all of the gear that they "should" have. I am speaking from experience in MY personal situation at one point. That is no longer the case but it applies to others as well.
                      I appriciate everyones input....now I'm going to strap on my Rugby helmet and Nike's to go carve some foot hills......in the rain...up hill both ways....with batting gloves on....have a nice day.

Comment

Originally posted by CANATUNA
                        My CLOSING argument:
                        I dont really care at this point. People will do as they do. I think everyone should do what they can to protect themselves while riding. Some choose not to though. Some refuse to and yes...some cant afford all of the gear that they "should" have. I am speaking from experience in MY personal situation at one point. That is no longer the case but it applies to others as well.
                        I appriciate everyones input....now I'm going to strap on my Rugby helmet and Nike's to go carve some foot hills......in the rain...up hill both ways....with batting gloves on....have a nice day.
                        haha I perfer football helmets they at lest protect my face.
                        but closing arguments does this mean the debates over guess I'll move move on to another topic.

Comment

You guys crack me up, seriously...

He's a kid, let him play. Once he goes down hard, I'll bet ya anything he's posting pics of his new suit ::

Comment

I had that suit once, it pinched my privates and gave them rust stains...
                            "So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young"

Comment

Originally posted by AzCyco
                              You guys crack me up, seriously...

He's a kid, let him play. Once he goes down hard, I'll bet ya anything he's posting pics of his new suit ::

Icon makes that , don't they ? I'm SURE they make the gloves .....
                              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

[quote="AzCyco"]You guys crack me up, seriously...

Was this comment directed towards me?

Comment

Working...
                                X