X

street fighter Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• street fighter Kat

I picked up my 04 kat600 from a buddy for $400. It needs a few parts a long with some TLC.

I bought it as pictured above. It needs a new chain, front left fork, and a few other odds and ends. Today I moved the rear tire back to the last notch. I also lubed the chain as I do not think it has been done in a very long time. threw some bolts in the rear mounts to the front fender, along with putting some paint of the frame where the factory paint scrapped off. You can see the scrape above. It literally just took the paint off and went without any care leading to surface rust. #0 seconds with a sanding block and it looked new again.

has anyone here cut the bars that hold the passenger pegs off? I can't stand them and they don't seem to be all that vital.
    Last edited by RuKiTtEn_Me; 03-06-2017, 11:27 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Originally posted by RuKiTtEn_Me View Post

has anyone here cut the bars that hold the passenger pegs off? I can't stand them and they don't seem to be all that vital.
    It's a necessary support for the upper tail sub frame. You can move it, replace, or what like... but just cutting them off is a bad idea.

I have seen someone local do that... fortunately they were in a parking log getting read to ride when the tail collapsed onto the rear tire and riders fell to the ground. It was amusing to me... as I had already had the same discussion that they needed to put something in and they dismissed it.

Comonly what I see is it cut lower down, and moved up to the main frame bend and rewelded in there. That gives the more open look your wanting. If you really want to clean it up, cut the OEM pegs/lower support there, replace with a plate that will allow you to use bolt on pegs.

Krey
    93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

I want to go straight up or at a slight angle with it.

Comment

Working...
      X