X

OFFICIAL BLACK KATANA THREAD!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• guessing, the heel guards.....lol
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

• Ahh , I don't know how to describe them. The metal pieces you have on the side fairings inside the holes ?

Comment

• This might help you... http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=67294
        2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
        Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
        "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
        Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
        Veteran of the United States Air Force.
        "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

• Originally posted by JaxKat View Post
          its a mesh cloth?

Comment

• Originally posted by ruben10 View Post
            its a mesh cloth?
            Did you look at that post before asking that question? I name all of the materials for you in it. For the record though, it is metal gutter mesh.
            2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
            Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
            "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
            Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
            Veteran of the United States Air Force.
            "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

• how's that for a black cat spray painted it myself and when I passed you at 80 miles an hour and you can't even tell
              I just wanna ride my bike
              2001 katana 600

Comment

• id love to see that paint job in person, do you have some bad spots?
                but looks nice
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by FJCharlie View Post
                  id love to see that paint job in person, do you have some bad spots?
                  but looks nice
                  Yeah a few here and there where I got in a hurry to get it done before the weekend ended my buddys at work all ragged on me bc I was using spray paint but at the end of the day they didnt talk shit and one said it actually looked pretty good all u need is some 800 to 1000 grit for the first layer I did 2 layers of primer 1600 grit after first and 2000 after second and 2000 grit inbetween every layer of black just take ur time preferably in inside with no wind I did it outside though lol and just keep the paint back far enough to just add light layers so u dont get runs in the paint
                  2001 katana 600

Comment

• did you sand off to the metal or just a bit of old paint? any clear coat after paint?
                    tnx for the info! she does look badass
                    sigpic

Comment

did you sand off to the metal or just a bit of old paint? any clear coat after paint?
                      tnx for the info! she does look badass
                      Well my bike had like 5 layers of paint on it already so it would have taken a year to sand to the bottom layer I just sanded till everthing was no longer smooth if u can make it to the bottom layer that is better just make sure not to scratch up the fiber glass with to hard of a sand paper bc u will see it. I have not clear coated it I wanted to see if it was going to peel or anythibg forst as a trial run next year right before the season im gonna pull it give it a good quick sanding and get the few runs out take it inside somewhere and add another layer or 2 then clear so shes good for the year. I aqquired all my tips and tricks via youtube lol

I used rustoleum black from walmart bc I liked the way the can sprayed even if u had to tilt it a little bit about 4 bucks a can u need 2 cans or primer I used rustoleum car primer and like 4 to 5 cans of black

How did u do that electronic oil gauge and what did the clear blinkers cost u cheapest I found has been 70$ and 30$ for the ma you ching tail light
                      Last edited by Jar3d200; 12-07-2014, 04:15 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                      2001 katana 600

Comment

• i bought everything on aliexpress.com its basically plug n play, theres a thread on mods i did.
                        check it out.
                        clear blinkers were like 20$ but shipping was something like 30-40$ also on aliexpress, type gsxf or katana blinkers theres only 1 seller for those.

thanks for detailed info on paint job, maybe ill do the same, will educate via youtube
                        sigpic

Comment

i bought everything on aliexpress.com its basically plug n play, theres a thread on mods i did.
                          check it out.
                          clear blinkers were like 20$ but shipping was something like 30-40$ also on aliexpress, type gsxf or katana blinkers theres only 1 seller for those.

thanks for detailed info on paint job, maybe ill do the same, will educate via youtube
                          Sweet about to look for those blinkers I need them since I laid the bike down the only thing im missing is the blinker lense
                          2001 katana 600

Comment

• I have just bought a 93 1100 GSXF, color is jet black, but I cannot find a 93 1100 with original all black color scheme. Although I have checked the bike over to determine if its been repainted, I do not see evidence of that. All black Kats were starting year 94 not 93 as far as I can research.. or were there some released all black in 93 if not then this bike might have been repainted. Any comments thanks
                            Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by fjckat View Post
                              I have just bought a 93 1100 GSXF, color is jet black, but I cannot find a 93 1100 with original all black color scheme. Although I have checked the bike over to determine if its been repainted, I do not see evidence of that. All black Kats were starting year 94 not 93 as far as I can research.. or were there some released all black in 93 if not then this bike might have been repainted. Any comments thanks
                              With no decals on the bike I would guess a repaint also possibility of switching fairings with a 94 or another compatable year if they sanded it good and painted it right u shouldnt be able to find evidence of a paint job good painter
                              2001 katana 600

Comment

• Gotta agree that the older kats do look better black then the original silver. Mine was supposed to be semi-gloss frame and glossy body panels and tank but the powder cost guy messed up and made the frame shiny so I just switched it up and went with the semi-gloss on the tank and panels. I couldn't really complain about the mistake with the shiny powder coat on the frame since I got all my powder coating done free in exchange for it being the first thing powder coated by a new company, it was their initial test of their equipment and turned out beautiful. Now I'm glad he messed up cuz I think the semi-gloss looks great on the body panels and tank
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X