X

3M Sctochlite decals installed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3M Sctochlite decals installed

I picked up some Scotchlite decals to improve my visibility, and I think they came out looking pretty good. I was torn at which direction to mount the fork decals, ended up putting em on where I though looked best.

They really blend in when not in direct sunlight (I like subtle). I have 2 more small ones, I wonder if they would look good on the exposed piece of the frame on the main fairing.....or if that would be way too many "Suzuki" emblems for one bike. Let me know what you think

Man looking at these pics I really need to blast and paint that header.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by moscar45; 05-06-2010, 09:06 PM.

Doesn't look bad, but a bit busy for my taste. What kind of paint would you use for your header? That high temp engine enamel or something?
    sigpic

Comment

Yeah I agree with you on it being a bit busy, but I'm taking safety over style preference in this case. They are not as noticeable to the naked eye as they are in the pics.

For the header, I'm going to use VHT Flameproof coating ($9 a can at Auto Zone). I haven't done it yet partly due to laziness, and th rest due to the only color I have found in the 4 shops that had it in stock was blue or orange.....not exactly the color I'm after.

Comment

Originally posted by youngphillip85 View Post
        Doesn't look bad, but a bit busy for my taste. What kind of paint would you use for your header? That high temp engine enamel or something?
        No, be sure to use a paint specifically designed for exhaust headers.
        The "high temp" engine enamel paints aren't high temp enough!

Comment

Originally posted by MrBrant View Post
          No, be sure to use a paint specifically designed for exhaust headers.
          The "high temp" engine enamel paints aren't high temp enough!
          haha i just found that out today its only rated to 500* while the VHT was up to 1500* or something. Sorry Moscar, not trying to hijack your thread
          sigpic

Comment

sweet...i like it!!!
            -100% JEDI-

Comment

where in NY are you?????
              Wanna race? i am putting decals on my bike too, only they are little honda, kawi and yamaha logos in nice neat little lines spanning my fairing. I wouldnt mind adding a new suzuki logo to my collection

-im joking i can barely ride. Like the stickers though, nice addition
              Cover me, I'm Changing Lanes!

"Fear not death, for the sooner we die the longer we shall be immortal."

Comment

Originally posted by Spyderlord View Post
                where in NY are you?????
                Wanna race? i am putting decals on my bike too, only they are little honda, kawi and yamaha logos in nice neat little lines spanning my fairing. I wouldnt mind adding a new suzuki logo to my collection

-im joking i can barely ride. Like the stickers though, nice addition
                Those extra stickers give him 'bout 500 extra hp so you might lose that race.
                Chris

Originally posted by jetmerritt
                Save up for great gear and dress for the fall before you ride. If you can't afford good quality gear, don't ride. It's like saying you can't afford seat belts for your car. There are just no laws to make gear mandatory.

Comment

Spyder, it would be a hike for you to get all the way up here, I'd have to meet you in Cuse'

Yeah Trackerrr, I was told I'd get an extra 18hp at the wheels with this mod, and also gain a weight reduction since they are the new nitrogen filled vinyl....we'll see.

.......I wasn't serious in case anyone read this and thought I was 90% shot upstairs.
                  Last edited by moscar45; 04-27-2010, 07:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X