X

Beautiful Ride

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beautiful Ride

So I just got back from a ride out through the Caribou National Forest, to blow off some steam from studying for finals. I only went about 40 miles, but wow it is beautiful being up in the mountains on the twisty roads. Here are some pics:

You've got to love a road where you cross multiple (and I do mean multiple) cattle guards and have open stock on road warning signs.
    It's all good! It's goody good!

Great scenery!!!!...... glad you got out as well!
    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
    ------------------------------------------
    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
    96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
      Great scenery!!!!...... glad you got out as well!
      Yeah it was great. I see you are also taking a break from your academic/scholarly duties. I'm so glad I have this release, and coupling this was photography really rocks. I read your post earlier about your ride, and I wish I could say I found the "oneness" with my bike. I'm pretty new to riding a bike this size and there are still lots of rocks and gravel on these roads, so I took a fairly comfortable pace, which was nice for viewing the scenary, and as someone pointed out in another thread, something about not becoming a "meat crayon" in the valleys below.

Comment

great pic, nice bike
        It's not considered cheating if it's a motorcycle, right???

2006 Katana 750

Comment

That first shot is awesome
          Kyle

Comment

Originally posted by IdahoKoolKat View Post
            Yeah it was great. I see you are also taking a break from your academic/scholarly duties. I'm so glad I have this release, and coupling this was photography really rocks. I read your post earlier about your ride, and I wish I could say I found the "oneness" with my bike. I'm pretty new to riding a bike this size and there are still lots of rocks and gravel on these roads, so I took a fairly comfortable pace, which was nice for viewing the scenary, and as someone pointed out in another thread, something about not becoming a "meat crayon" in the valleys below.
            Ride safe..... that's all that matters. Incredible scenery... I wish that were in my backyard.
            sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
            ------------------------------------------
            89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
            96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Whats a cattle guard?

We dont have those in Ohio.
              Originally posted by arsenic
              93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

i just had to do the same thing...finals suk a**..i took the cat on a 30 mile ride to a lake...it was a nice ride & deff got my mind off academics.
                -100% JEDI-

Comment

Originally posted by HemiKat View Post
                  Whats a cattle guard?

We dont have those in Ohio.
                  What can I say, it's Idaho. We just barely got indoor plumbing a couple of years ago.
                  I took too many photos, so here's another:

Originally posted by jah View Post
                  i just had to do the same thing...finals suk a**..i took the cat on a 30 mile ride to a lake...it was a nice ride & deff got my mind off academics.
                  Trust me, I feel for you. Good luck on your finals.
                  Last edited by IdahoKoolKat; 04-25-2010, 01:14 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Alright, here is today's attempt at procrastinating doing my homework. It is still chilly, and the mountains received a minimum of 4 inches of snow a couple of days ago, but it was an awesome ride today. The mountain in the background is called haystack.

Comment

Great pics. Not sure what looks better the Kat or the mountains.

Comment

Outstanding shots!
                        Mark this as another roadtrip destination to shoot for. :
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IdahoKoolKat View Post
                          Alright, here is today's attempt at procrastinating doing my homework. It is still chilly, and the mountains received a minimum of 4 inches of snow a couple of days ago, but it was an awesome ride today. The mountain in the background is called haystack.

Nice snaps.. btw did not see where your plate and rear turn signals were.. Probably the signals are integrated into the brake light..
                          Regards
                          sigpic
                          2005 Katana 600

Comment

No integrated signal...yet. The guy I purchased the bike from installed flush mount LED signals. You can see the left blinker just below and to the left of the seat lock. He then placed the L.P. down on the chain guard. I have been waiting until it get's a little warmer and stop raining/snowing (no garage ) to mount it back under the seat, and find an LED light for it, so I do not upset our fine outstanding state troopers. The city cops here don't give a crap, as long as they can see the plate from the back, but I feel our super troopers will think differently.

Comment

Working...
                            X