X

Installing a full exaust.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing a full exaust.

When I bought my 99 kat 600 it had a hack job of an exhaust on it already. It's a stock header with a vance and hines for a different bike welded onto the header, and it's not bolted down so it shakes, straight up janky. So I bought a stock header frome Alien on here and a stock pipe on ebay and I want to install them, but I don't have a clue. It looks as simple as putting together a really easy puzzle, I know I'll probably need my jetting adjusted, but what else should I know?

Sweet thanks! Head gaskets? will I need head gaskets?

Comment

**** this forum I'm out.

Comment

Did someone say something wrong to this person?

Comment

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

..um wow..I guess either that, or he has absolutely no patience.
            It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

u should ask these question in the chat on the main page if u want answers fast, thats what i learned

Comment

I dunno about some folks
                Joker
                The newest addition to the Family!
                sigpic
                stop by the garage for a better look!

Comment

I have a feeling we missed some deleted posts...or guy's just special.
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Some newb probably thought he would be funny by giving him sarcastic answers

"Head gaskets"

almostghosts, I suggest you give the "real" members of this forum another chance to help you.
                    My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alex_750 View Post
                      Some newb probably thought he would be funny by giving him sarcastic answers

"Head gaskets"

almostghosts, I suggest you give the "real" members of this forum another chance to help you.

I saw this thread several times last night (quick checks during comercials as I was catching up on my shows with the wife) and never saw anyone else respond to it.... only his.

I'm not so sure there ever was a response to the thread, perhaps by PM???

Krey
                      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Yeah, someone had to have said something to him. Where else would the head gasket comment have come from? Just seems sarcastic to me when talking about exhausts.

I used to be a frequent member of Honda-Tech.com... we had the sarcastic answer problem all the time over there every time someone asked about rims, spoilers, or fart cans.
                        My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
                          k9 GSX-R 600
                          GO VOLS!

Comment

Working...
                          X