Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Krazy Kreations Undertail - 56K BEWARE!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How easy was it to install? I am buying one this week and hear you have to drill holes....what's the steps you have to take to install it, and how difficult is it/how long does it take to install?

Comment

I had to grind the back of the undertail a bit to get it to sit all the way in then yeah had to drill holes. Just lined the holes up on the tail section with the undertail and marked them. I ended up cutting the tabs off of the tail section as well. but still mounted the undertail where the tabs would have been. But thats just me. Dont know what others have done.
      Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
      www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

Too bad no one makes any of the cool mods like this one for older Kats.

The fact that I know zilch about modding anything other than a PC makes me worthless to figure this stuff out myself....perhaps when I upgrade to a newer bike I'll get to mod the heck out of it.
        -
        -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

Originally posted by sahojnacki View Post
          What type of rear tire hugger is that?
          artifibras hugger off eBay
          2000 Katana 600 (Sold )
          2008 GSXR 600

Comment

man... 225... that sucks

Comment

See I searched for an undertail before I bought my LED tail light and I could not find one. Now they appear! Anyone want to by my LED tail light so I can buy one of these?

Comment

It's a nice look. I'm curious though about how bright the lights are?
                Blk Kat06 RIP Replaced with GSXR750k7
                Blue/Blue 2008 Busa

Comment

Heres mine. Kinda blurry but its the only pic that the lights show up. With the flash it doesnt show them.

www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

Thanks for the picture with the lights on. By the way your bike looks great.
                    Blk Kat06 RIP Replaced with GSXR750k7
                    Blue/Blue 2008 Busa

Comment

Can't wait to get mine! These pics easily sold me....how long did it take to put on/how hard was it??

Comment

not hard. took about a half hour to fit and mount.
                        www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

Originally posted by jbea View Post
                          Can't wait to get mine! These pics easily sold me....how long did it take to put on/how hard was it??
                          I won't lie!!! It took way longer than the guy at Krazy Kreations said it would (he said about 2 weeks, it was almost 2 months, though he did refund my shipping)... and there were no instructions or license plate remounting hardware (as others who got the undertail before me said they got... I think KK is starting to skimp a bit) However it wasn't to difficult to install and being that he is the only one that makes this product, your choices unfortunately are: go through him, pay his outrageous price, and deal with his BS; fabricate one yourself; or forget about it. URRRR....
                          Good luck to ya...
                          2000 Katana 600 (Sold )
                          2008 GSXR 600

Comment

hey thanks for the replies! i'll post some pics when i get it!

Comment

I have the exact same undertail... looks sick. I have a question though... i noticed that you have a mark under the tail that looks like your tire was rubbing against the undertail. I dont know if thats what the mark is from and if you ended up putting on a tire hugger for that reason. I have the same problem when i'm riding heavy that the tire comes up pretty far and starts rubbing against my undertail.... dont know if a tire hugger would help or if it would crack/break.... i might just do some mod where i put some sort of bar across the tire so it rests on that if anything but then my undertail might crack... hmmm
                              Shiny side up !!!

Comment

...I just go mine this weekend and just like you it took more than a month to get it, but after many phone calls and e-mails I finally got it!

I did not get to install it this weekend but I'll see if I have the time to do it next Saturday... however, I do not know where to start. I was told by the KK people that you may lose some storage room and I almost cut it as they explain in th pictures that they sent me. Now I'm more confused man. Can you share some step by step guidance on this? I would greatly appreciate it!!!

Originally posted by Zuzu_2000 View Post
                                I won't lie!!! It took way longer than the guy at Krazy Kreations said it would (he said about 2 weeks, it was almost 2 months, though he did refund my shipping)... and there were no instructions or license plate remounting hardware (as others who got the undertail before me said they got... I think KK is starting to skimp a bit) However it wasn't to difficult to install and being that he is the only one that makes this product, your choices unfortunately are: go through him, pay his outrageous price, and deal with his BS; fabricate one yourself; or forget about it. URRRR....
                                Good luck to ya...
                                "...if you lead, they will follow"

Comment

Working...
                                X