Windscreen Mod

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windscreen Mod

Hey folks,
    I want to change the look of my windscreen. I don't want to buy an aftermarket new one, like ZeroGravity, so i wondered if any of you did cut it to change its look.
    Thanks
    David

Go ahead, who is stopping you? Keep in mind the windscreen is a specific height to direct the wind over your head.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

You're right...i was just looking for some pictures of one that has been cut.

Comment

Have not seen any on here cut. I would take that as a sign. But if you do and it works take some pics. Actually, if it doesn't, take pics anyway.
        Good luck.

Comment

Very windy day yesterday. I remember thinking "wish this #$@&^ windshield was a bit taller..."
          sigpic
          '91 Katana 600 custom right-side shift, Yoshimura Exhaust, Vinyl Carbon Fiber wrapped.

'09 Aprilia Mana 850 Carbon Fiber body work, Leo Vince Exhaust, HID conversion

Comment

Originally posted by lastleg View Post
            Very windy day yesterday. I remember thinking "wish this #$@&^ windshield was a bit taller..."

The OEM Pre 750 models are taller. Most aftermarket sells only the smaller version though because... well, honestly most people want the more "aggressive" lower profile look, but sometimes you can find the taller one listed after market as a "touring" style. It's about a 4" difference if I remember right.

As for cut versions... I've seen very few, but there have been some. Usually associated with some kind of "fighter" that has had additional fairing mods if any at all.

A quick google search got me this for a post...

KatRiders.com conversations about Suzuki Katanas
            and the days spent riding them. Includes Vintage Kats, Street Fighters, 1100 Kats Only, and Long Term Projects.

I don't know what bike the OP has, but how short are you wanting to go?

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

You can change the overall look for about $6 and a little time with no cutting. I painted the inside of the screen yesterday with 2 coats of flat black and 2 clear coats. Looks so much better.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X