X

Blue paint for 1988 Katana 600

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blue paint for 1988 Katana 600

Does anyone know where to get the blue paint on my 1988 Katana 600 ? I Tried to get some color matches for my local paint shop but they don't seem to be 100% confident that they can match the blue. I got a new gas tank from Suzuki and they sent me one that was not the color of my bike so I have to have it painted they told me that itg was the last gas tank they had for my bike.

Gonna be difficult to match either way, aged paint will fade some or it was repainted at some point.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

It's definitely aged paint, because it's a 1988 however the bike only has a little over 12,000 miles and it was always kept inside so it's not faded much if any that I can tell of any way.

Comment

28 years, sure is faded.
        "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
        spammer police
        USAF veteran
        If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

i would see if you can look up the paint code on the bike or by the vin number online...or even at the dealership if possible..i had a hell of a time looking for the paint on my 97 so i know how you feel...but best of luck..

oh i almost forgot..some auto body shops can use a scanner on the paint and it will give them the chemical make up of the paint for the closest match possible.

Comment

Working...
          X