No announcement yet.
X

Carbon Fiber Skin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That looks amazing. Good job, lots of patience. Depending on the finish start with lower grits and move up... Be careful resin sands pretty easily so dont go too crazy on the lower grit... Then finish up with polishing compound for cars.

Comment

Wow, that looks nice!

Gives me hope for "repairing" some cracked plastics in the future. With all those curves you have, makes me glad I have a Pre-Kat. Have you noticed if the color on the plastics shows through the CF?
      92 Katana 600
      ------
      GO BLUE!!!

Comment

That is looking pretty good. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished product!

Comment

Project is AMAZING and I'll be looking to do something like this soon!! Also, if you don't mind, please post pictures of all the parts you used, including tools.

In for results!!!
          "I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is to try to please everyone." - Bill Cosby

ProGrip||Scorpion

Comment

keep up the good work looks great

Comment

Thanks all, I have all the parts covered, just need some more resin on 3 or 4 parts and sanding on the others. I will post some more pictures soon.

Comment

Former Marine 3/97-3/01
                MOS 0161 Semper FI!
                sigpic

Comment

Is it finished yet? I keep checking everyday because I can't wait to see the results

Comment

Shinny side up!

Comment

OK... Some more pics
                      This is taking forever as I have a ton on my plate right now with School, work, moving, ect...
                      I am hoping to get this done by end of next week. But realistic goal is 2 weeks.

I have started sanding and uh...
                      I didn't want to burn right through the resin, so I started with 320 grit...not enough, then went to 220, then 150, and finally 80
                      I am starting with 80 to take it down to a level surface, then will work up from there.

All pics are still before sanding....

Front Fender:

Solo Cowl:

Tank:

Tail (tape is to mark off grab bar section..no need to CF that):

Comment

carbon kat

Comment

looks great .... must have taken a long time but i like it 1 of a kind carbon kat

Comment

When you're ready for the carbon-fiber look Corbin, I'll be waiting

Cheers,
                            =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
                            CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
                            The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

That looks look awesome!

Comment

Looks Good man!
                                Former Marine 3/97-3/01
                                MOS 0161 Semper FI!
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X