X

Joe Rocket Jacket

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Rocket Jacket

Guys, I'm plannin on buying a Joe Rocket Blaster 3.0 Jacket, here are the specs provided at www.joerocket.com

Men's Leather Jacket

1.2 to 1.4mm cowhide
    Removable spine pad with pocket for optional C.E. spine protector
    C.E. rated protectors in shoulders and elbows
    Free-air™ mesh torso panel with zip-on cover
    Removable insulated vest liner
    Variable Flow™ ventilation system
    Elastic sleeve adjusters
    Reflective stripe
    Sure Fit™ adjustable waistband
    360° plus 8" zipper for pant attachment

Here's my question, its a leather jacket, should I avoid that since it may get to hot in the summer? I want to wear jacket at all times for the protection but I don't wanna roast in it. Should I maybe look at a textile jacket? Any advice or opinions will be very welcome. Thanx
    'Tis better to be criticized by a wise man than to be praised by a fool'

nothing beats leather...NO EXCEPTION!

what is wrong with having more then one jacket?

the Blaster is a good entry level jacket....I had textile, mesh and leather...sold the textile and never wore the mesh.
    I now own two leather jackets...never leave home without wearing...the heat is not as bad as you would think, as long as you are moving.

Comment

It's really not that bad once you get used to it...I wear my leather 90% of the time...I also have a textile and Mesh jacket and I like to wear those somtimes....that's the other 10% of the time..all have armor in them...get the leather like Range said Nothing beats leather...
      Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
      Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
      Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

It's totally up to you. I ride in a JR Speedmaster jacket through out the summer months and it's not that bad. Yeah it's hot at a stop but once your moving it's comfortable.

You could always go with this instead of the blaster,
        The Perforated Sonic offers the looks and protection of a full leather sport jacket in a slightly more casual style than most. The jacket includes removable...

Like the blaster it has both the 8 inch and 360 zipper but is perforated.
        Kyle

Comment

You will roast in any jacket that youe wear. You might as well make sure that you have good protection. Like Range said nothing beats leather.

Comment

I have found that if you live in a place like Atlanta, GA, New Orleans, La, etc- hot, humid summers, fairly cold winters- my experience is that there is no such thing as a 4-season jacket. If your gonna ride year-round, you gotta get two sets of gear.
            "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Thanx for the info guys, got the Blaster yesterday, tried it on in the bike shop, but it was pouring here so I wasn't on my bike. Haven't rode with it on yet, I will let you guys know how it feels when I ride with it.

Comment

I have an JR atomic 2.0 textile also I have an Icon Merc Leather . I never were my Icon because I get too hot. I live in KY and it's hot. I always were my JR.

Comment

I own 2 red and black Blaster jackets. I know they`re entry level design, but they`re quite versatile for hot weather and cool weather. Very comfortable in the summer.

www.3dflag.com

Comment

Guy's, got to ride today in my jacket, I removed the liner and life was lovely. I am totally happy with it. Thanx for all the input.

Comment

Any tips on how to break it in faster???

Comment

Originally posted by dat1boyjay
                        Any tips on how to break it in faster???
                        ummm...they don't really break in.

this is your first motorcycle jacket...they are designed to be worn in the riding position....hunched over.

You will get used to it really soon.

do youy have boots...pants too?

Comment

Working...
                        X