X

Corbin seat question

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corbin seat question

Hello all-is the Corbin replacement seat for the Katana really more comfortable, or is it just different, or both, or..? I am most interested in opinions of those who actually have this seat on the bike they ride now. Many thanks.

No question, way better and it is different.
    "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
    spammer police
    USAF veteran
    If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

Depends on your riding style. If you don't ride often, and/or only do short trips, or are aggressive through twisties and throwing your weight all over the place, I wouldn't recommend.

If you do frequent riding, medium distance (50 miles) or are more or a leaner than shifting weight through he corners style if rider, go for it.

The seat is wider, so you've got a lot of weight on your thighs instead of just your crotch. So it makes shifting weight around harder and leaning off the seat harder. But for longer distances....soooooooo much better. It does take some getting used to, so if you don't ride often or longer distances...meh, save some $
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Thanks for the info. I am more of a leaner rather than hanging off the bike. Also, I like to do trips. I'm trying to outfit for comfortable days of sport touring. I've always had much larger bikes for trips, so this is a little different for me, but this is the bike I have now, ad i really like her a lot, so am thinking about basic, and not vey complicated mods for added time in the saddle. That seat is not cheap, though....

Comment

Nope, not cheap. Look around for used ones, they sometimes pop up on here or eBay.
          1998 Katana 750
          1992 Katana 1100
          2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Working...
          X