Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Hey.. potential new Kat owner from NY...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey.. potential new Kat owner from NY...

Hi everyone.

My name is Adam and it looks like I will soon be the owner of a 2000 Katana 600. I just sold my Ninja 250, and I am looking to get into something for some light touring and commuting to work. My Ninja did a great job except it was a bit buzzy and revving high on highway trips (70-75mph). I have found what seems to be a good deal on a blue katana 600, so I have been using your forum to read up on them.

I was considering an older Honda F3 or F4 along with the Suzuki SV650S, but this Kat seems too good to pass up. I was a bit apprehensive about its 'portly' status.. not just compared to my 250, but other sport bikes.. except teh Yamaha YZF600R.. anyway.. I sat on it and it felt pretty comfortable. The bike is pretty much stock, and maybe down the road a slip on will find its way on.. so aside from light cosmetic upgrades, I am hoping that it will serve me well.

One thing that I really like about it is that it has a center stand.. something I loved on my 250.

Has anyone ever gone from a Ninja 250 to a Kat on here? What were your impressions?

I'm looking forward to learning and contributing on here.
    Adam

you will love the katana ....i just sold mine and im still loving that bike just cant wait for the new one to get here ...

Comment

I have access to both... almost never ride the 250 if the Kat is running (it's a restoration process for me atm... ). Plus the wife put fairies all over it...

Krey
      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

welcome to KR....
        never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Originally posted by H-2 CHARLIE View Post
          you will love the katana ....i just sold mine and im still loving that bike just cant wait for the new one to get here ...

You don't have to wait to ride that! Just grab yourself any Yamaha R-1 from 2005-2008-same thing!

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
            Q. "What do you think when you see a pretty girl walking down the street" -A. "One side of me says, 'I'd like to talk to her, date her'. The other side of me says , 'I wonder how her head would look on a stick?"

Comment

Welcome to KR!
              "If a cluttered desk is sign of a cluttered mind....what then, of an empty desk?"

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref...14&ref=profile

sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the site!

Comment

Ok .. BUY THE KAT !!!
                  I mean a 600 is a good start .. LOL
                  (just kidding, there are those who ride , and those who ride KATS!!!)
                  Scotty Doesn't Know ...Scotty Doesn't Know.. Don't Tell Scotty

Comment

You will enjoy the extra power! My brother-inlaw just went from a 250 to my old Katana 600 and he loves it. You will have to get use to the extra weight compared to the 250 but the power will make up for it.

Comment

Welcome to KR from NC!!!

Comment

Welcome to KR
                        The supreme happiness of life is the conviction of being loved for yourself, or, more correctly, being loved in spite of yourself.
                        http://myspace.com/solsticio
                        www.facebook.com/solsticios

Comment

Welcome. My 2001 750cc Kat is my beginner bike and after 1 and a half riding seasons I can say the kat is one of the most forgiving,fun,relaible bikes out there. You'll love it.

Comment

Working...
                          X