X

Mesh Mod

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mesh Mod

Hi guys! I've been wanting to install mesh mod on my 02 Kat. Finally I went to Home Depot, bought the mesh and the epoxy. I had an idea of replacing the turn lights with the mesh, so I bought the mirrors with the turn lights integrated into them and took off the stock ones. Here are some pics of my work. I'm kinda having trouble sticking a piece of mesh where the turn light was. It scratched the hell out of the paint.... But since I'm gonna repaint the bike in the nearest future, I guess it shouldn't be a big deal. Your thoughts, suggestions?...
    Attached Files

Looks pretty sweet

Did you use the old turn signals as a mould to shape the mesh?
    If not, that might get you a better shape.
    2002 GSXF 750

Comment

I've got a pre but so I'm not to familiar with the mod. But it looks great?
      Richard
      96 Suzuki GSX750F
      89 Suzuki GSX600F Project
      05 Yamaha WR450F
      05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

No, I didn't. I found it kinda hard to adjust the shape of the mesh. Plus, I didn't want it to be sticking out too much. I traced the shape of the hole on a see-through vinyl, then traced it on the sheet of mesh, cut it out, stuck it into the hole and did some adjustments if needed. My other concern is how to put epoxy into the hole so that it won't be visible. Otherwise it's gonna look cheap and cheesy as hell. Maybe I should mask the surface around the hole and paint the inside black and then paint epoxy black as well?...

Thanx It's my second day spent messing with this thing

Do you guys think I should paint the front ones black or just leave them the way they are now?..
        Last edited by russian_dude; 07-18-2010, 01:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

You said you were repainting the fairings, are you changing the color?

If you are repainting in same color it might look best if you glue the turn signal mesh in first, then paint it.

The other mesh I would keep the silver color.
          2002 GSXF 750

Comment

I was actually thinking of painting the whole bike mandarin orange, but it'll be after I get a seat cowl. I like the blue, but I think orange would looked better.

Comment

Sweet look, I don't think it work on my pre but I love it.
              http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
              Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
              R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
              1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
              RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
              3BBB turn signal mirrors,
              Black painted seat and rear trim,
              Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

Thanx man I'll definitely post the pics of the entire bike after I'm done with it

Comment

yes you can do a mesh mod on a pre ive seen someone do it i just cant remember what thread it was. dont you hate that when you cant remember.lol
                  time to nut up or shut up
                  Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
                  The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

Are there any advantages of the mesh mod? Other than a slick look?

Comment

Originally posted by 1990gsx 600 View Post
                      yes you can do a mesh mod on a pre ive seen someone do it i just cant remember what thread it was. dont you hate that when you cant remember.lol
                      and the little triangles on the rear section too!

Comment

Originally posted by EODA View Post
                        Are there any advantages of the mesh mod? Other than a slick look?
                        Performance wise no, just the slick look. As far as I know
                        1999 Katana 750

Comment

Looks Cool! I have an idea to glue it together. Perhaps use a hole saw to make a hole from the inside of the fairing and apply the glue or quick steel from the inside. Maybe even use some small bolts from the inside to hold it in place instead of glue? Reseal the hole with quick steel, epoxy or fiberglass.

Comment

Originally posted by Idrivetoys View Post
                            and the little triangles on the rear section too!
                            yes the holes (triangles) can be meshed one of the kotm has it done a
                            time to nut up or shut up
                            Originally posted by Rican Katgrl
                            The way that I look at it is, gear is cheaper than hospital bills and skin grafts. Yes, I think people are idiots for not wearing proper gear. Whether you ride a harley or sport bike. If you have money to go buy a bike then be smart and buy the gear. Whether its 50 degrees or a 100 degress its ATGATT for me.... But that is just my opinion.

Comment

You could try pop rivets/blind rivets. You could then fill them with some bondo and paint them blend right in. Or, if you have a rivet gun and a bucking bar, you could show off some stainless rivets.

Comment

Working...
                              X