X

battery problem/charging system problem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• battery problem/charging system problem

I did a search and then looked on CP's website. I believe my system is undercharging my battery or battery is bad. So plz help determen which one.

I left the key on and drained the battery. Then I charged it and was riding for a few days and right after I shut the bike off at a friends house the lights would be bright on the dash but when i hit the starter they would shut off and clock would reset. I then charge it and it works for a few days then same thing. Overnight it doesnt really seem to be the problem. It is always when I stop and then try to start it after a short period. My battery was new in March and I know draining a battery will harm it so plz help.
    Thanks in Advance
    Greg

Sounds like you completley killed the battery. Take the battery somewhere and have it tested. If it is not reuasable get a new one

Comment

+1 I think the auto parts places can do MC batteries..

Comment

I took the battery where I bought it from and the warranty had expired. They said they couldnt do a test on it because it wasnt a normal car battery. The guy I talked to didnt know what he was talking about so Im not sure. I will try and call around then and find out if someone will do a test on it.
        Thanks

Comment

Simple test:

Key off: 12.7 volts or higher
          Key on: 12.7 volts or higher.
          Hit the starter & release.
          Check again. If the battery is under 12.6, replace it.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
          X