X

Full throttle..then second thoughts ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full throttle..then second thoughts ?

So you're out cruisin around having a good time riding, and you get the itch to get on it, so you grab a handful (of throttle, get ur mind out of the gutter ) and you're speeding along faster and faster the exhilartion is building, you're feeling like superman..then you slow down and when you get back home you're like, Damn that was kinda dangerous and/or stupid, I can't be doing that...

I sometimes find myself getting alittle complacent with speed, and that gets alittle scarey sometimes. Complacent meaning not that I dont take riding seriously or that I don't pay attention, but more that It's nothing to crack the throttle and ride like the wind....but sometimes that little voice kinda gets in my head and says Hey, you better slow down some..

Anybody else? ....
    Yeah I do, I really need to slow down but I just can't help it
    0%
    Yeah I do, Ive forced myself to slow down some
    0%
    Sometimes yes but I just ignore those thoughts
    0%
    Nope, its full throttle all the way all the time, no 2nd thoughts
    0%

Let me tell you, with that Gix engine in the bike.... the only thing that keeps me from going full throttle is the fact that I had a frakenstien chain on there, and I was breaking the engine in.

Now, those days are over.

I love speed.
    Kan-O-Gixxer!
    -89 Gixxer 1100 Engine
    -Stage 3 Jet Kit / KNN Pod Filters
    -Ohlins Susupension
    -Various Other Mods

Comment

I like full throttle sometimes to get to my cruising speed , which usually isn't TOO much above the speed limit . I never go much more than 70 on backroads unless I'm passing a car (get it over with quickly) , or much above 90 on the highway .
      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I ride alot on backroads in alabama, theres nobody around and its just hard not to get on it, I usually dont go for more than a mile or two in triple digits, thats just cuz there are some huge fricking bugs splattering all over my shield lol

Comment

+1 to that..
          I have felt a Texas grasshopper at 120...

Owww

More often than not I'm totally shocked at how fast the Kat is going..
          There is so little drama at 100+ that you don't get a sense of speed..
          So that is where the "whoops" come in..

Comment

I'll hit the triples now and then and when I'm enjoying myself @120mph that voice decides to start talking, "what if deer ran out in front of you", "Imagine if your chain broke" or my favorite "Imagine a blowout at these speeds" thats when I'll usually lay off the throttle. DAMN YOU VOICE!!
            R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Originally posted by damien
              I can't imagine hitting an armadillo going 100. Thant would suck. Good thing we don't have armadillos in Ohio!
              but we got 'em in Texas YEEHAW. I'll never forget when I hit one at night in a Porsche 944 I used to have. Just crested the hill, and it went under. My car was too low, and it got caught about halfway under the seats. I'll never forget the sound and the feeling of the road cheese-grating it down till it could pass under the rest of the car. Yes, of course we had to turn around and look at the mess.....
              '01 TL1000R

Comment

well....let's put it this way....
                yesterday on my way back from a friends place, i was on the highway. 2 lanes going each way....and it was raining to beat hell. my speedo doesn't work, but i was cruising at 6k rpm in high gear....and passing everyone. i was soaking wet and just wanted to get home. i had no fear or doubts cuz my metzellers are pretty damn good in the rain and it isn't like i am a an inexperienced rider.

So...i could not answer your poll cuz there is no choice i find appropriate. any hesitation i have is not usually based on fear for myself. i have enough confidence in myself. i roll like the wind when i can, and trust my chain, my tires...and my ability. The only thing thart holds me back is whether the environment is safe. this means you will never find me flying through an urban evironment where there is risk involved of hitting someone. it has to be open road with adequate visibility and minimal risk.
                I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Mojoe, what metz are you running??
                  We don't get rain here that often but when we do it's pretty heavy..

Comment

Originally posted by Black_peter
                    Mojoe, what metz are you running??
                    We don't get rain here that often but when we do it's pretty heavy..
                    I have the lasertech on the front and me55a on the rear.

Comment

Ahhhh the old school combo..
                      I used to run that combo..
                      It is awsome in the rain..

Would that be good for the Kat 750
                      over the Z06??

Arrrrrggggg
                      Highjacked yer thread Wildkat!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DOCTORNITRO
                        Originally posted by Black_peter
                        +1 to that..
                        I have felt a Texas grasshopper at 120...

Owww

More often than not I'm totally shocked at how fast the Kat is going..
                        There is so little drama at 100+ that you don't get a sense of speed..
                        So that is where the "whoops" come in..
                        I'll go ya one better.
                        I once took a little desert grasshopper to the face shield in my dragster at the finish line doin 205mph! Sounded like a freakin' cannon shot, and knocked my head back into the rollbar....
                        As for the Kat - usually cruise at 75-80...Damned voice of reason,with all thewhat-if's LOL .
                        I got ya one better yet.. Last season I got smacked in the chest by a damn chicken!!! Yeah I was behind a truck and couldnt pass safely and some of the crates got loose and chickens went flying, and I caught one right in the front!! OUCH !!!!! Fortunately I wasnt going too fast but it did knock me back atlittle.

Comment

oh yeah, i'll one up all of you. My ex took my bike this summer and sold it. she said as long as it was out of my hands, she was happy.

www.vwvortex.com
                          I have nothing to say, I have no opinion. That's what I learned from 9 1/2 years of marriage.
                          Thanks to all who are serving in our GREAT ARMED FORCES from an old Navy Squid

Comment

Originally posted by HIEXWIFE
                            oh yeah, i'll one up all of you. My ex took my bike this summer and sold it. she said as long as it was out of my hands, she was happy.
                            i would say you win the prize. that is pretty hard to beat

Originally posted by BP
                            Ahhhh the old school combo..
                            I used to run that combo..
                            It is awsome in the rain..

Would that be good for the Kat 750
                            over the Z06??
                            there is some debate that the battlax bt45 is the best all around tire for the 1100 kat, but i tried them...well, a set of battlax anyway...not the bt45's, and even tho they handled well, they kind of freaked me out once in the rain. i hit a good size puddle and it hydro-planed me right into the other lane. thank god it was on the hwy and no oncoming traffic. it was the last time i put battlax on my bike. i never had an issue with what i have now.

I really do love the combo I have now, but it is only a matter of time before they will be unavailable to me. i only have 16 inch rims and my choices are limited until i go with 17 inch rims.....so i can not compare to the Z06 cuz they don't come in the size i need.

Comment

That same van of kids cutting you off could ruin your day if you're going the speed limit too..so becareful out there no matter what

Comment

Working...
                              X