X

Ducati 848 vs GSXR

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ducati 848 vs GSXR

I was wanting to get some input on the comparison between the two. Opinions please......
    Last edited by blkf150; 08-28-2009, 07:47 PM.
    sigpic
    08 Ford F150
    08 Dodge Charger
    03 Suzuki Katana

Depends on which GSXR you're talking about, dude.
    -
    -

I poured spot remover on my dog. Now he's gone.

Comment

sigpic
      08 Ford F150
      08 Dodge Charger
      03 Suzuki Katana

Comment

well, I have never ridden the GSXR 1K or 750..but I have ridden the 848. My thoughts on the 848 (only about 12 miles ridden, at the Ducati Demo Days), was that it was uncomfortable (I was leaned over too far), and the exhaust cooked my legs/thighs.

I would not want the 848 for my daily rider to be honest..but that is just me.

edit:

Forgot about maintenance and parts availability...I would seriously research that before you consider it. It would really suck to have a bike that it takes forever to get a damn part for.
        Last edited by Sasquatch; 08-28-2009, 07:45 PM.
        It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Originally posted by blkf150 View Post
          I was wanting to get some input on the comparison between the two. The Ducati is only 8k, I thought they were alot more. Opinions please......
          never been on a duc, but even if its only 8k...i bet the maintenance on it is outrageous...just a thought..
          sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
          k9 GSX-R 600
          GO VOLS!

Comment

well the ducati does handle a bit better its tighter in the corners and you feel like you are a gp racer on it but the gsxr 1000 is way better comfort wise and its smoother
            in the turns it doesnt bounce as much as the ducati

and gsxr is cheaper to operate

Comment

Originally posted by gobigorange189 View Post
              never been on a duc, but even if its only 8k...i bet the maintenance on it is outrageous...just a thought..
              I've owned 2 Ducs. Still have the '05 996 S4R Monster.
              Believe it or not, the maintenance is easier than on the Kats.

I believe that anything manufactured as of 2006, Ducati has doubled the mileage and time between doing anything with the bike.

Comment

Just go against the grain. Ducati, definitely. Sure GSXR's are sweet bikes but nothing sucks more than seeing 8 out of 10 bikers on the same ride. That's just me!

Comment

Originally posted by mambopalace View Post
                  I believe that anything manufactured as of 2006, Ducati has doubled the mileage and time between doing anything with the bike.
                  While that's true, 12,000km (7,500 miles) between each service, some Ducati models require the rear shock need to be removed to gain access to the rear cylinder.

I don't know what the service interval of a GSX-R is.

But from the research I've done regarding the ST4s, It seam the maintenance would be simple enough, albeit as frequent as the Kat.
                  How To Install Race Tech Emulators & Rebuild Forks
                  How To Repack Yoshimura RS3 Exhaust
                  How To Install Oil Cooler Fans
                  How To Install Audiovox Cruise Control On A 1998+ Katana

Comment

Working...
                  X