No announcement yet.
X

my 96 street fighter project....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the manual already and I know how to use a multimeter lol I just meant while the bike was running if i could check something like temperature of the headers with a infrared temp gun or something. The screen broke on my DVOM so I will have to get a new one tonight and test them out! Thanks for the tips Jarvo!

Comment

Sorry guys, I started summer school last week and it has been killing me. I am taking a couple classes that run for 4 hours a day everyday for like 2 weeks. I will jump back on it next weekend and hopefully have it going soon after. I did get a front tire finally, a continental contimotion in a 160/60 and will hopefully get it put on soon. I cannot believe what shops want to charge you for mounting and balancing a tire. Most shops down here want $37 to do it if i bring the wheel in. That is more than half of what I payed for the tire itself! Oh I checked out my coils and they ohm out just fine. I put the airbox back on and it seemed to help it a bit but then another cylinder dropped out... I think I still have issues in my carbs and will have to pull them again and see whats up.

Comment

Originally posted by calebchesh View Post
        I did get a front tire finally, a continental contimotion in a 160/60 and will hopefully get it put on soon.
        You meant rear tire right? I don't think a 160/60 will work on your front rim.
        1992- project katfighter
        2005- GSXR750
        2001- TL1000R
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
        www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by calebchesh
          So i have the, more or less same gauge for my 92 600 kat and i do not have rpms and speedo.... i bought the bike with thast gauge and have no idea. am i missing wires? also my 92 katana pretty much looks exactly like yours no head light or fairings.... what were your ideas for your front head light?
          Last edited by bfredrichs; 05-21-2012, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
            You meant rear tire right? I don't think a 160/60 will work on your front rim.
            Ha yah I must have been tired when I posted that... I mean a 120/70... going tomorrow to get that sucker mounted and hopefully get it running correctly tomorrow as well

Originally posted by bfredrichs View Post
            So i have the, more or less same gauge for my 92 600 kat and i do not have rpms and speedo.... i bought the bike with thast gauge and have no idea. am i missing wires? also my 92 katana pretty much looks exactly like yours no head light or fairings.... what were your ideas for your front head light?
            I am not sure... if you could find the model name or number from the cluster you might can go to their website and find a wiring diagram. I have a round sealed beam headlight that I am going to use with some 44mm (iirc) headlight brackets that I bought from ebay. I think I am going to attach front turn signals to the end of the brackets as well. If I have a chance tomorrow I will get some pics of the setup and you can see what I am talking about
            Last edited by calebchesh; 05-22-2012, 09:00 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Updates! Ok so the bike seems to be running well now, I think one of my new fuel lines from the petcock to the carbs keeps getting kinked, so I might need to get the factory replacement for that hose to keep that from happening. The new tire is on the front, and I also fitted the headlight. It is coming together now! I just needed some turn signals and some gauges as well as a few other little things and I can ride it!

Comment

New pics after the tail chop... and cleaned up a bit... Looks so much better!

Comment

Working...
                X