X

Dang oil filters..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dang oil filters..

I've been buying mine online but its a PITA. Where do you buy you'rs locally? My suzuki dealer is about 40 miles away.

Is there a generic fram or what have you that I can pop on this baby? If there is anyone got a size?

Thanks. 8)
    2001 Suzuki Katana 750 - Black

Don't use fram..

That's what I have learned..
    You can see if CyberPoet has them though..

Comment

Hmm.. I don't really like having to buy online and am hoping to avoid this in the future. Any other ideas?

Comment

I would just check out your local auto parts store. There should be a number of manufacturers that make the right size filter. I have heard very good things about Napa gold filters.

Comment

Know what size I need? I woulden't be asking, though I don't have an owners manual.

Also what's the big huff about fram? I've run their stuff in my jeep for years. No problems now even with 175k miles and counting.

Comment

The CyberPoet has OEM filters for a great price to KR members. Check out his specials here:

Can't tell if the oil filters are for 98+, but ask him. You can't beat the price and you can trust CP.
            ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

Thank you for the kind words. I carry the Suzuki OEM filters for $8 each, the matched OEM filter-wrench for $4.50. S&H is whatever the US Postal Service gets for priority mail (no mark-up). The only mark-up is for PayPal fees for those who don't pay via check/money order (because they charge me a fee, I pass it along -- yes, my margins on this stuff is that low that I can't just suck it up at that price-point). I also carry your plugs, air filter, and other standard maintenance supplies.

IMHO: whether you get it from me or elsewhere, do yourself a favor and simply order three filters ahead of time, both to save on shipping and to have what you need when you need it. It will keep you from skimping on maintenance when you need to do it.

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

i am goign to be buying my plugs and filter from cyber in a month or so, but IF you are totally against 100% of buying online. napa has an alternative. wix makes one. but as they say NO fram.

but with the stock filter i think you can change it every other oil change instead of each time.

here are some links to more filters and info:

and slipkid has some info:

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

I've been using Fram oil filters for 13.5 years,,whats the deal...they seem to work...

Comment

K&N filters all the way but if Im in a pinch I'll run down to the dealer or my local racer/mechanic who carries the OEM filters too and just buy one off him. I have an OEM filter on right now actually.

CP is right, get a few of them at a time, and dont forget a filter cap unless you enjoy smashing a screwdriver into them to get em off

Comment

The Fram is a pain in the balls to get off because the wrench does not fit it tight like the OEM filter and wrench, yes the wrenches are different sizes. Looking at cyberpoets prices, they are cheaper than the dealers around me, that is for sure.
                      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                      JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by slayergsxf1
                        I've been using Fram oil filters for 13.5 years,,whats the deal...they seem to work...
                        From what I've read on this site apparently there is a danger that the glue holding the filtering paper in place inside the metal filter shell will melt. You may get no filtering or bits of the filter insides may get sucked into the engine and cause major damage.

The risk would seem to be the greatest if you drive in hot conditions. Because the Fram PH 6018 (I think that's the product number) may work good for other bikes does not mean its the best for the Kat (since the Kat is not liquid cooled).

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
                          ... I carry the Suzuki OEM filters for $8 each, the matched OEM filter-wrench for $4.50...= The CyberPoet
                          I can't get to your website. When I click on "Cyberpoet's KR Specials", I keep getting a message "The topic or post you requested does not exist."

Des this mean you are out of stock?

Comment

your manual is here:

Comment

Originally posted by harrye
                              I can't get to your website. When I click on "Cyberpoet's KR Specials", I keep getting a message "The topic or post you requested does not exist."

Des this mean you are out of stock?
                              No, it means there is some reason the KR server wasn't responding -- the link is to a thread here at KR -- you can reach the thread directly by going to the
                              Marketplace:
                              -- KatRiders.com Members Only Deals:
                              ---- CyberPoet's Current Offers (changes with inventory, time).

Cheers,
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                              X