No announcement yet.
X

balancing act

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like to do it too, although I did see a guy while I was out driving once do it in front of me and his shoelace got caught on the shift lever before he could quickly get his foot off the peg and down to the ground after stopping (obviously a squid, didn't know to tuck 'em in apparently) and the bike just gracefully went "plop" over on its side. Only his pride was hurt I think. He untangled himself, picked up the bike and just got back on pretending nothing had happened. Pretty damn funny though. I had a pretty good laugh at that one.
    ---Jeff (Long Beach Represent!)

'99 Katana 750 (Metallic Space Blue / Matte Silky Gray Metallic)
    Plus some cars.

"Never Break More than You Fix..."

Comment

Originally posted by POP944
      I like to do it too, although I did see a guy while I was out driving once do it in front of me and his shoelace got caught on the shift lever before he could quickly get his foot off the peg and down to the ground after stopping (obviously a squid, didn't know to tuck 'em in apparently) and the bike just gracefully went "plop" over on its side. Only his pride was hurt I think. He untangled himself, picked up the bike and just got back on pretending nothing had happened. Pretty damn funny though. I had a pretty good laugh at that one.
      Darn, I was hoping that no one saw that.

Comment

hrmmm... i was riding my future in-laws 99 Harley Ultra Classic last weekend and had no problems doing the whole feet-on-the-pegs thing.

i think its all about the skill/confidence of the rider, not the machine itself.

also you can't forget that alot of people that ride harleys aren't "harley riders". they are motorcyclists that just happen to be riding their harley that day. i like riding sportbikes, cruisers, and dirtbikes. they all have their pros and cons.

after riding about 50 miles on the ultra classic i switched him back and got on my kat... it blew me away just how different the two were. even with the huge engine in the ultra, it didn't pull anywhere near as hard as my little 600 kitty kat, and it put it to shame in the handling part. however... no radio... no cushy couchlike seat... not nearly as much wind protection.
        I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death. - George Carlin

Join the Zietgeist Movement
        http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...3847743189197#

Comment

No handers at 5mph and stood up on the pegs for a sec. I wish i had a pic
          Is that your bike outside? I ride.... competitively.

Comment

Working...
          X