X

balancing act

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• balancing act

I've found that on a good road I can come to a complete stop before having to put a foot down. and take pride in riding in bumper to bumper traffic with feet on pegs. yesterday I was in traffic behind a harley guy and he dog walked his bike the whole time until we were able to get over 5mph. I couldn't help an indignant smile. the kat really is a well balanced machine.

+1 i am the same way!

Comment

+1

Comment

I have had people ask me how I can stop behind someone in traffic and then take off without touching the ground. Granted, it is only stopping for a second, but none the less. Lots of guys on liter bikes I watch have their feet down before they even stop. Stopping and then taking off at 90 degrees to the left was a test in my MSF course.

Greg

COURAGE -

Freedom is the sure possession of those alone
        who have the courage to defend it.

First Sergeant(Ret) - US Army - 21 years

Comment

it's called using the friction zone
          One who is a Samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night... the fact that he has to die." -- The Code of the Samurai

Comment

Originally posted by ronin

i dont use that that comming to a stop light, no clutch at all just breaks to stop

Comment

Originally posted by suzukisportrider2004
              Originally posted by ronin

i dont use that that comming to a stop light, no clutch at all just breaks to stop
              sorry, maybe i should have quoted Court93Kat's response in reference to using the friction zone while making a left 90 degree turn from a complete stop[img]

i also squeeze the clutch, downshift to first and use both brakes when coming to a stop. [/img]
              One who is a Samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night... the fact that he has to die." -- The Code of the Samurai

Comment

Maybe it's not the bike, it's you. I bet with a little practice you could do that on the harley too. The hard part will be getting urself on the harley
                Once you can accept the universe as being something expanding into an infinite nothing which is something, wearing stripes with plaid is easy.
                - Albert Einstein

Comment

Yeah , I like doing the same . I lose a little respect for someone when I see someone duckwalking their bike , but will give them bonus points for slow-moving feet-on-the-pegs riding . I used to do it on my full-dressed Virago , too .
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

i love trying to stay up on the pegs at a stop, the Kat makes it pretty easy. The Harley dudes cant do it.

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

While I admit it's funny to see somebody walking their bike to running speed, it's even funnier to me to see somebody swerving side to side in their lane, and nearly dumping their bike just to avoid putting their feet down.

You must remember, most of those guys maybe ride 2 times a month. When I was riding every day, I felt like I could probably sit on the handlebars at the stoplights and be fine, but that's because I rode 500+ miles every week.
                      Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

yes, i have mastered the art of coming to a stop sign and coming to a complete stop on my 2006 and then taking off again without touching the ground. of course only when i dont have to wait longer than 5 seconds for someone else

Comment

I used to slow race my dad on his gl1800, and I'm sorry to say I couldn't beat him, and I went slow too!!
                          Live and Lean.
                          When the going gets twisty, the going get twistin.
                          "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."
                          Romans 3:23

Comment

Harley dudes cant do to much,,,except rev the bike every half a second while sitting still....

Comment

In my MSF course (advanced class), they called that a california stop and they taught it to us. Since learning it in the course, I have been practicing it and am getting pretty good with it.
                              I love my Kat!!
                              2000 burgandy 750

Comment

Working...
                              X