X

Homelink?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Homelink?

I searched and found some threads about garage door openers and how they can be integrated into the highbeam switch (or other switch), but I'm wondering if I can get something like a "Homelink" remote like the one in my car for my bike. Simply put it's a learning remote that is very small. Is this something I can buy somewhere and not have to fiddle with rewiring the bike???

The high beam trick is cool, but if I don't want to mod my bike in ANY way at this time.

Kale

Sure, you can.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

have you tried to google this?or used the search feature on the top of this page?

Comment

When I was keeping my bike at my parents garage for awhile I just took their garage door opener and some heavy duty velcro and attached it up under fairing just below and to the right of the triple clamps. A eacy reach and just press the button and Viola` .

Comment

Yeah I tried but couldn't find anything about a homelink type of remote. I guess a better description would be a remote with an external switch. I bought the small remote and it didn't work. The bigger one does work and that's what I'm using in the meantime. I just used nylon ties to secure it.

The highbeam trick is much cooler anyways and that's what I will end up doing if I keep the bike...

Kale

Comment

If you look in front of the ignition key switch, you'll see a metal loop for wiring to pass through. Malloc hangs his full size Genie remote on there all the time when he's riding and has for a few years now...

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
            X