X

I also slew the rain gods...but my bike did not

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I also slew the rain gods...but my bike did not

I rode my bike to work yesterday as it wasn't supposed to rain. On my way home it starts pouring down cats and dogs. I am riding along going up a hill when all of a sudden it sounds like my bike lost a cylinder and the exhaust gets a real muffled raspy sound to it. I notice loss of power and figure coming to a complete stop would definitly cause a stall out with a possible no start afterwards so I keep the bike crusing along around 5 grand. As I near the top of the hill I figure if the bikes gonna stall on me and not restart I might as well check it out in an empty parking lot. Just as I am getting ready to pull in to the parking lot it's like the bike read my mind because it started purring like it always does so I proceed to ride it the rest of the way home with no problems.

What got wet that shouldn't have?? Any ideas? This is only the second time I had the bike in the rain so I can't tell you whether it happens everytime it gets soaked or not.

bump

Comment

You lost spark on one plug. That could have been the spark plug wire, the connection at the plug or at the distributor, or the plug might have fouled and then cleared itself.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Or somehow got water in the box .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Working...
        X