X

Sliders

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sliders

Just got a set from matt and now I am leery about installing them. Id be afraid of the cylinder head being damaged in a tip over if they break as told they would. ( as they are mounted on SEYPEA s bike as shown) Then I saw Fordfurious bike and they look like they are mounted more forward, but then again if they broke away as said the fairing would be f kd anyway. I think i would rather loose the plastic Kinda disappointed I like them and want to know if this should be a real concern ( real life sit tell me if these sceaniros occored ) If they break away as designed w/ no frame or engine damage as said within reasonable speed ,tip over, etc. then that is kool but i dont want engine damage if i drop the bike @ my place ! id rather loose the plastic
    sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

" Rather ride a slow bike fast than a fast bike slow "

waveman, check out these pics. Unfortunately Kat-A-Tonic had to actually experience this but I guess it is a leeson for us all. Should answer your questions.
    R.I.P. Marc

Comment

sliders

I have read a couple of stories about the sliders and the guys were pretty happy. Check the search feature for sliders and there inputs should come up. I am ordering mine in the near future.

Comment

Kat-a-Tonics mis fortune makes its case. Looks like they just bent back. High rate of speed on that interstate I presume before gettin run off the road. That sucks I wonder if they twisted the frame even though it dosent matter shes totaled anyway
        sigpic

Faster, Faster, Faster... Until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

If you go to parts forum the are several more experience of people falling, the fins on your head are very stong it would take alot to break them, they are mounted the same on everyones bike and there are a bunch of pictures on this site of them on different bikes. i know of 4 people who have had to experience a accident and had sliders attached and all have reported no problems with anything. But as stated these are designed for low speed and low impact, most case if high impact is applied usually mean a more serios accident and serious damage is inevitable.
          www.scrmotorcycles.com www.katanaOutlet.com
          Katana Frame Sliders
          The only fully tested and proven Katana sliders Rear sliders, 520 conversion, gas caps and more.
          98+ Slider are "CyberPoet Endorsed" R.I.P.
          I couldn't have done this without you.

Comment

Installed Braunsteins sliders today ! They look great. So I will post some pix soon. I felt better after seeing some of the other installs, and feel confident about them now ! Thanx Matt for the nice product
            sigpic

Comment

Installed Braunsteins sliders today ! They look great. So I will post some pix soon. I felt better after seeing some of the other installs, and feel confident about them now ! Thanx Matt for the nice product
              sigpic

Comment

They must be really nice to post the same comment twice...oh I get it one for each side......

Just razzing you...I've done the double post on accident before...looking forward to the pics..
                Good judgement comes from experience, and often experience comes from Bad Judgement :smt084
                Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to Register

nah nah nah nah nah nah JAX! (special thnx to sexwax)

Comment

I dropped my bike with those sliders on, strait down into gravel. The things bent just like they were supposed to. I have rash, which sucks, but the frame wasn't warped nor was the engine damaged. As soon as I get time, I'm pulling it off to get new parts from Braunstien.

Put them on dude, they work well...

Actually, scratch that. They are an absolutely terrible product. Why don't you send them to me, and I'll uh, properly dispose of them

Comment

Working...
                  X