Can I PLEASE get a good riding day!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I PLEASE get a good riding day!!

Sorry... I need to vent.

This all started a couple of weeks ago when I had to miss the Ottawa, ON Katana rally. Man did I ever want to go. But I had a party I had to attend on the Friday. Kat Riders meeting early on the other side of the city, I wasn't going to make it on time. No problem I told myself, I'll go riding alone in the afternoon. That's when the folks decide to show up at my place for supper. No riding that day. Can't even meet the group for dinner. Again, no problem, I would go all day on the Sunday. But then... I woke up to rain.

The following weekend, I had a bachelor party on the Saturday. It was a beautiful day, and saw MANY people riding their bikes. Solo and groups of I would say 20+ riders. I was so jealous. But again, no problem. I'd go out for a good day of riding the following day. I wake up early in the morning to poring rain again. At this point, I should mention my gf is starting to not be able to stand me because I'm restless. You know... that feeling when you haven't gone riding for a little while and you have that need or craving for it? The need to get your addiction satisfied?

Discouraged, I was then looking forward to this weekend. A long weekend. Perfect! The Ontario rally being canceled, I planned on taking off Friday afternoon and head to the parents cottage making a big detour to make my ride 600+ km. Spend a few days there, ride around, and come back on the holiday monday and get another 500-600km day at minimum. This morning (Thursday), I wake up and the forcast now changed. It went from a nice sunny weekend to 70% chance of rain all weekend. The tail of the Ernesto storm is expected to hit us.

So now I might still go to the cottage, but might need to take the car (boring). And with the Canadian winter coming fast, the days are only getting colder making my riding days limited.

Sure... I've riden to work and a few hours after work here and there... but can I PLEASE GET A GOOD RIDING DAY!!!

Man, can i ever sympathize, for me its work/ rain. I say lets whip Al Rokers a$$.
    In those days, we really believed that to be the world's one, and only, truth.
    www.myspace.com/adamerogers

Comment

CR .... I feel your pain ... I had a nice 3 days riding plan and now look like it's down the drain ...

Can I cry ????
      Guylaine
      Try and keep up now

Comment

Ignore Ernesto and go riding. It wasn't all that much rain here when it came by... Probably won't be by the time it reaches Canada either...

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

the next nice day call in sick to work, don't answer the phone and post sign on your front door saying that you moved. Hit the highway and don't think twice about it and don't look back.

Comment

UPDATE:

The storm seems to be pushing more east than forecasted. So the rain might be limited. I'm now very tempted to take the bike and ride it hard! I think I might just do that and deal with the rain on the way back. Hopefully the winds will be calm (no one likes a strong facing wind!)

Thanks for your support everyone!

Comment

I have been off all week....

rode the Gatineaus with Samantha on Monday for three hours....then out Wednesday night for about an hour.

I need someone to ride with!

Comment

Tomorrow we are out riding before the rain gets out on Sunday
                Guylaine
                Try and keep up now

Comment

Move to baja canadia?

If you want to see something funny just ride your bike a few feet behind Range when he takes on a gentle sweeping curve. Srsly. It's hysterical.
                  TiM

Comment

I feel your pain yesterday was the first day I rode my Kat in about a month...between work and all the fuggin rain in NY,but the traffic yesterday you know the laborday cityits going to woodstock,it almost wasnt worth it...but I guess it was...Hurricaine ernesto sucks....

Comment

Follow up:

I did take the bike and it was worth it! I ended up putting 620km on the Friday. Good weather and not too much traffic.

Then, did about 680km on my way back yesterday (Monday). It was cloudy and a bit more cold, but only hit a few spots with mist. No real rain. So I make some more detours to make sure I hit some twisties.

Hope you also had a good weekend of riding Sky. Sorry I didn't hear back from you Range... PM me if you want to go riding sometime!

Comment

I know here in Pa were are getting nothing but rain. I got the opportunity to go out and ride yesterday for about 1/2 hour....I feel so blessed now

Comment

I can sympathize. I broke my collarbone and I have a new bike waiting for me to ride it. I may not even ride again this year if it doesn't heal in time.
                          "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Comment

Originally posted by Kat-A-Tonic
                            I can sympathize. I broke my collarbone and I have a new bike waiting for me to ride it. I may not even ride again this year if it doesn't heal in time.
                            Q: Do you get to waive delivery (and start of payments) until you're in shape to ride?

Curious...
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Nannnnnnnn not really ... went riding with a friend who owns a custom and some of his friends .... God how boring riding at 75 kph on some nice twisties !!!!

Finally it was a day lost ... except for the good company. Never got to try my clip ons
                              Guylaine
                              Try and keep up now

Comment

Working...
                              X