No announcement yet.
X

waiting at traffic lights

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn it all if this doesn't happen to me for the first time the other night! I sat and waited like a shmuck for about 4 min or so and thought F this I'm going for it. Glad to be a KR member!
    R.I.P. Marc

Comment

Originally posted by slayergsxf1
      Even though the Kats frame and a number of other bikes out there are made of steel it isnt enough to trigger the loop... oil pan on most bikes are made of alluminum and on the Kat the frame is surrounded by plastic.....were screwed.....
      Plastic used in Kat body panels are magentic field insensitive (in other words, the magentic disturbance made by the engine cradle and the crank aren't blocked at all by the ABS plastics of the fairings). And the cradle is fairly low (lower than most car parts).

But you can always use this solution if you get stuck at a red light (at least in most places where it's 100% legal):
      Right turn. Then U-turn at the next legal spot you can. And if you were going straight from where you started out, another right turn.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I've heard of, and tried, putting my kickstand down directly on the loop. Of course, with the kickstand kill switch, you have to put it in neutral, and back in gear, while putting the kickstand down and up. Every time I've tried it a car pulls up behind me, so I'm not sure if it works.
        1995 Suzuki Katana 600
        1981 Suzuki GS450 (Only moves when I push it)

I am "a halfway decent rider and wise-ass who is way too narcissistic for his or her own good." (Results of http://www.bytebrothers.org/SquidTest.htm, July 12, 2006)

Comment

I just put my kick-stand down. Works for me in Toronto area.
          www.photobucket.com/albums/y152/rotary13b/

Comment

Working...
          X