X

Ah crap -- Gixxer made my G/F cry!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ah crap -- Gixxer made my G/F cry!!

So the G/F hates the Gixxer. The Katana has spoiled her. She actually has to ride the Gix pillion where she only had to be present on the Katana's.

It was so bad at one point, I wanted to miracle us home.

She couldn't sit still, couldn't hang on, couldn't do the hands-on-the-tank thing and couldn't do the hands on my thighs thing. She said her butt was sliding back and forth on the seat even just over bumps. I was much smoother on the otherwise choppy throttle with her on board. She never found her groove. It was clear she was anxious evidenced by her forgetting the simple crap -- waiting until the bike is stopped to dismount, for instance. It was a disaster.

Riding is a huge part of our relationship and I think she thinks that since she [feels she] can't ride it, we will grow apart. I have tried to reassure her this is not the case and I reminded her we still have the Kat and a Bandit motor. Not to mention we're still silly fast on the Kat two-up.

She cheered up a bit but I know it's eating her. What to do?

She probably just needs time to adjust....I know when Soulpatch first got the Kat I loved it. Seat fit nicely to my huge butt! Then he got the SV1000, seat was a lot smaller than the Kat but I still fit my butt pretty well. But I did start to slide back and forth because that dang thing had so much torque. Now that he has the Daytona, well I am so happy that he gave me the Kat so I could start riding. That thing is not made for girls with bootys. I still have trouble finding my groove while riding 2up with him. Seat is just so small and the bike is not made for 2 up riding. When I am on the back my knees are seriously sit in the middle of his rib cage area. I am sure if we did a lot of 2 up riding on it we would both be very comfortable but don't see that happening. But give it time and I think she will find her groove. You guys are so awesome together. I watched all your guys videos and I tell Soulpatch all the time....Why can't we do that?
    I'm not short.....I am fun sized!

Comment

I hate to do it, but if you really need to Ill trade you bikes, so your Girl is happy. Ill take one for the team.
      Originally posted by arsenic
      93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Originally posted by Rican Katgrl View Post
        She probably just needs time to adjust....I know when Soulpatch first got the Kat I loved it. Seat fit nicely to my huge butt! Then he got the SV1000, seat was a lot smaller than the Kat but I still fit my butt pretty well. But I did start to slide back and forth because that dang thing had so much torque. Now that he has the Daytona, well I am so happy that he gave me the Kat so I could start riding. That thing is not made for girls with bootys. I still have trouble finding my groove while riding 2up with him. Seat is just so small and the bike is not made for 2 up riding. When I am on the back my knees are seriously sit in the middle of his rib cage area. I am sure if we did a lot of 2 up riding on it we would both be very comfortable but don't see that happening. But give it time and I think she will find her groove. You guys are so awesome together. I watched all your guys videos and I tell Soulpatch all the time....Why can't we do that?
        Do you find it strange referring to your man by his screen-name?
        Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Originally posted by loudnlow7484 View Post
          Do you find it strange referring to your man by his screen-name?

Haha no. Some know him by Andy but I figured most probably know him as soulpatch.
          I'm not short.....I am fun sized!

Comment

Originally posted by SKNL2 View Post
            So the G/F hates the Gixxer. The Katana has spoiled her. She actually has to ride the Gix pillion where she only had to be present on the Katana's.

It was so bad at one point, I wanted to miracle us home.

She couldn't sit still, couldn't hang on, couldn't do the hands-on-the-tank thing and couldn't do the hands on my thighs thing. She said her butt was sliding back and forth on the seat even just over bumps. I was much smoother on the otherwise choppy throttle with her on board. She never found her groove. It was clear she was anxious evidenced by her forgetting the simple crap -- waiting until the bike is stopped to dismount, for instance. It was a disaster.

Riding is a huge part of our relationship and I think she thinks that since she [feels she] can't ride it, we will grow apart. I have tried to reassure her this is not the case and I reminded her we still have the Kat and a Bandit motor. Not to mention we're still silly fast on the Kat two-up.

She cheered up a bit but I know it's eating her. What to do?
            I'm in the same predicament right now. She felt ok on the Kat and since I bought the ZF she refuses to ride two up again. When we first got together she told me liked to ride and it's been a bit of a sore spot for me since we haven't ridden since. The Kat was laid up most of the summer, and given the choice between two in a Jeep and riding a bike....I chose the latter.......doesn't look like I'll be getting laid any time soon. So be it. GF's are replaceable.
            sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
            ------------------------------------------
            89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
            96 YZF 1000R

Comment

She needs time to get in the groove of that bike. The seat is alot smaller and less comfy and the susp. on the bike is harsher, everything on that bike is designed around performance and so every little thing is noticeable. Some passengers even the best of passengers never do fall into place on smaller sport bikes because the seating position is so bad.
              I suggest you take her out a few more times and if she can't find her sweet spot then it's time to go back to the kat or something else with a similar seating position and feel of the kat.
              sigpic
              2004 hayabusa LE-my ride
              2006 ninja 250-the wifes ride

Riding is not just something you do, its a way of life.

Comment

LOL

mark ill help you out... give me the gsxr and ill give you my kat. Fare trade... its only got 25,000 on her

Comment

No offense.. I know from your recent posts you love the GSXR...but did you think it was going to be anything like the Kat riding two up?

And from your previous posts, it seems that riding is a big part of your relationship with your GF...so maybe you need to keep the Kat for two up and use the GSXR for solo?

Comment

Originally posted by Edbean View Post
                    LOL

mark ill help you out... give me the gsxr and ill give you my kat. Fare trade... its only got 25,000 on her
                    And he'll throw in the tassels.
                    My current rides: (see my garage for a complete history of my bikes)

sigpic

Comment

corbin seat? that might help a lot
                      2004 Katana
                      GO OWLS!!!

Comment

Mark, this is why my wife and I only ride two up on my 14. The race bikes are terrible for 2up riding. They're not meant to carry the extra weight, the suspensions are stiff, the pillon seat is very uncomfortable.

I do know guys that ride aggressive 2up with theirs, but the girls never look real comfortable. Kristy was spoiled with the Kat and you're probably much faster on it too. You would have to really screw with the suspension settings on the Gsxr for 2up. My Cbr suspension is adjusted perfect for
                        just me, I don't want or need any passengers on it
                        2007 Honda CBR600rr
                        2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                        sigpic

Comment

That would be the reason I'll never get rid of my Kat... :stm102

I have to say, your pretty much looking at 2 up on the Kat, and solo on the GSXR...

Have you ridden on the back of one?

Good friend and his wife used to ride with me all the time on their Kat... he switched to an 07zx6r, and she took 3 rides... and hasn't been on the back of his bikes since.

Krey
                          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Nah, take one for the team, just ride the Kat. You do so much good for us folks on other forums that want to school the squidtards that say Kat's suck... Your Dragon photo's are priceless! Just kidding mate. See what she wants to do. A new seat maybe. Maybe NOT doing the dragon so she get's used to it. Maybe NOT draggin a knee so she get's used to it

You'll figure it out bro. I finally got my wife on the bike about 2 weeks before the rally. She LOVED it. Then I broke the triple digit thing, and I got the wifey swat, and strict restrictions since. She still begs to go for a ride though (won't shut up about it, in fact). It's all about steps...baby steps.

ok, Mark, I re-read your post again. I think that since your worried about the relationship part of it, feel her out, and find out what she wants. God, I'm an insensitive *******. This IS abviously big part of your two guys life. Don't let it be a wedge, ya know? Work on the solution together. I'm not a fan of it being the seat as a problem, but a lack of trust of the machine that's she's not used to, ya know?

I'll shut up now
                            Last edited by GytRDunKat; 09-02-2009, 12:40 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

2nd what Zepp said- really, the pillion seat on a sportbike is just there for looks.

A lesson from the world of bicycling: Burley, perhaps the biggest tandem bicycle manufacturer, offers test rides to potential buyers. They put the potential stoker (back seat) on the tandem with a smooth, considerate captain (front seat) and give her (usually) a fun, relaxing ride. They put the potential captain on the back of the tandem, and pair him with a USCF racer as captain, who gives him the scare of his life. The point is, to show the potential captain how scary it can be to be on the back of a bike that someone else is in control of.

Have you considered what it's like to be back there? Even if your wife is an experienced pillion, perching her on that pin-coushion of a seat, with her knees up around her ears, no wonder she " couldn't sit still, couldn't hang on, couldn't do the hands-on-the-tank thing and couldn't do the hands on my thighs thing." She's a woman, not a freaking pretzel!

Forget all about 2-up on the GSXR. Heck, if it comes to it, SELL the darn thing. Isn't your relationship more important to you than that bike? (Hint: If it isn't you have serious priority problems...)
                              "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Working...
                              X