X

85 pop up

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 85 pop up

I did have an 82 750 when new and while looking for one I located a 85. My question is what is their value? Very nice shape, runs great with 30,000 miles. I am not sure if their appeal is the same as the 82-83.

Really subjective. Appeal is a very personal thing. Some people wouldn't pay much because it's a 30 year old bike that they're unfamiliar with. Some will pay a small mint to get one in pristine condition to add to a collection and never ride it. Kinda depends if think on what the PO had it for, it's condition, and what you want it for. Personally, I think they're great looking bikes. But if I own one, I'm riding it.

I'd opt for the 85. Seems like it was upgraded in a few ways over the 82:
    1998 Katana 750
    1992 Katana 1100
    2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

Originally posted by shpielers View Post
      Really subjective. Appeal is a very personal thing. Some people wouldn't pay much because it's a 30 year old bike that they're unfamiliar with. Some will pay a small mint to get one in pristine condition to add to a collection and never ride it. Kinda depends if think on what the PO had it for, it's condition, and what you want it for. Personally, I think they're great looking bikes. But if I own one, I'm riding it.

I'd opt for the 85. Seems like it was upgraded in a few ways over the 82:
      http://www.suzukicycles.org/GSX-seri...S_Katana.shtml
      I agree, highly subjective. It all boils down to how bad you want it and what you have to spend on it. I can't help you with the value, but I know a few people who really like that model.
      GS1000SZ, GS1100EZ, GS1000ST (Wes Cooley)

Comment

Thanks for the feedback, I think I will pass on the 85. Seller wants 2500 for it and although that may be a fair price, I really prefer the 82 or 83 look. There is a nice 83 1100 that may be for sale. It will be a few dollars more but much more appealing to me.

Comment

85 pop up is the model I like the most. I've been looking in the Midwest and have not found one. I would pay $2500 in fair shape. I didn't give that for my 2000
          2000 Kat 600

Comment

I'd take the pop up, other because it the odd model. Oh, and more HP.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

A year after high school I got an 82' 750 Katana. It was a great bike. Today I've got two 85' Katana's. Also a great bike. You can't go wrong with either of them. I don't think $2500 is unreasonable for a solid bike. You could always try and negotiate. I wouldn't let mine go for under 3 grand.
              Last edited by Odin; 12-10-2015, 09:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X