X

Dent in the Tank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dent in the Tank

I got a medium size dent in my tank and its really starting to **** me off!. is there an easy way to fix it?

nevermind there is a post right above this that shows the drive ice method if that really does work.
    Last edited by giftedwon; 05-26-2008, 06:52 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Dry ice never worked for me... Covering it or sand/fill/repaint does though...

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

you can use a uni spotter and pull it too. just be careful you dont blow yourself up.
      Can't blame me for something I don't remember.
      www.bakerboyz.net

Comment

Bando is always an option....

Comment

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

The Kat gas tank is a single-walled design as far as I know. If there are no scratches a "paintless dent" repair would be a good choice.
            2015 KTM 1290 Super Adventure
            2005 Suzuki 750 Katana, sold
            1984 Kawasaki gpz 550, sold
            1982 Suzuki gs400e - sold
            1973 Honda cb350 - sold

Comment

Originally posted by giftedwon View Post
              I got a medium size dent in my tank and its really starting to **** me off!. is there an easy way to fix it?

nevermind there is a post right above this that shows the drive ice method if that really does work.
              depending on the location and size of the dent a good suction cup will pull it. Just don't break your nose.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

The problem with dent-pulling suction cups is that they are really intended for modern economy cars with thin-steel body-panels. The gas tank on a modern motorcycle isn't thin-steel (for obvious reasons).

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                  The problem with dent-pulling suction cups is that they are really intended for modern economy cars with thin-steel body-panels. The gas tank on a modern motorcycle isn't thin-steel (for obvious reasons).

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  using suction cups to pull dents has been around a lot longer than modern economy cars with thin-steel body panels.

Heck i remember using a plunger to pull a dent out of an old 70's dodge diplomat and more recently using a suction cup to pull a few dings from the fenders of a 55 Pontiac.

There are a few different types of suction cup dent pullers. Some use glue, some do not.

Never used the kind with glue: http://www.autobarn.net/dinkindenrep.html

Here is the kind I typically use, and have had success with: http://www.autobarn.net/wilmar-sucti...nt-puller.html

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Working...
                  X