X

Cruise Control

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
    (AudioVox has a fully electrical cruise control system that doesn't use a vacuum chamber now, around $280 last time I priced it).
    Where did you see this cruise control from Audiovox? I found a manual for a CCS-100 electronic cruise control but the CCS-100 listed on Audiovox's site is vacuum.

Strike my previous question. I found it at a couple of places. All required the purchase of a control switch, though. Does that sound right, Cyber? And I found it for $100 less than you last pricing.

Best I found the switch for is about $41 shipping.
    Last edited by brooder; 01-17-2008, 11:38 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Pain is just weakness leaving the body.
    -Unknown Author

The quarrels of lovers are the renewal of love.
    -Terence

Comment

Originally posted by brooder View Post
      Where did you see this cruise control from Audiovox? I found a manual for a CCS-100 electronic cruise control but the CCS-100 listed on Audiovox's site is vacuum.
      I think the model number is CCS-200, but it wasn't on AudioVox's website last time I looked there either. Squiggy pointed it out to me a while back because I didn't want to go the vacuum-route. It was about $100 premium over the vacuum-system one.

Strike my previous question. I found it at a couple of places. All required the purchase of a control switch, though. Does that sound right, Cyber? And I found it for $100 less than you last pricing.

Best I found the switch for is about $41 shipping.
      That does look like it should be it, but it still appears to have a vacuum hose in the picture, which makes me question whether it is the right thing or whether they simply omitted the vacuum actuator in their pic. I'm not seeing the servo activator for the throttle cables either..

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Last edited by The CyberPoet; 01-17-2008, 12:16 PM. Reason: spelling
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I found that same item on Audiovox's site and it said it was electronic.

Thanks for the update.

Well...this one says it electronic, but it still recommends a vacuum cylinder.

Explore JC Whitney for premium auto parts & accessories, dive into car culture, & stay updated with the latest automotive events & tech trends
        Last edited by brooder; 01-17-2008, 11:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        -Unknown Author

-Terence

Comment

Well...this one says it electronic, but it still recommends a vacuum cylinder.
          If it's suggestion for a vacuum cylinder, then it's using a vacuum-actuated linkage to the throttle cables at the carbs.

The vacuum cylinder is basically a vacuum-storage area for engines that produce smaller amounts of vacuum, so the linkage can use stored vac (as verses to only live vac) to operate.

To hear Squiggy tell it, there's now a version with an all-electric servo to operate that same linkage.

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by Newbie2it View Post
            HardleyDangerous

Got a pic of this version of the Vista Cruise?

Mine sits between the Front Master Cylinder and the grip with an arm that reaches across the switch pod. I dont have anything that attaches via a screw to hold the throttle cable in place.

Maybe there are different versions avalible. I am not a VistaCruise expert by any means LOL.

The model I have uses three set screws to try to bite into the rubber of the grip to "hold" the throttle where you set it. I have found that with gel grips, or probably a lot of other replacment grips out there, dont work with this style. Since the factory grips have notching to match the plastic throttle control underneath, It would work fine I guess. Replacement grips dont match the notches. I did notice this on several occasions and tried this out several times.

With replacement grips at a stand still no matter where I set the throttle, it would hold when I engaged the Vista.

With the motor running, no matter where I set the throttle, it would hold when I engaged the Vista.

When riding the bike at lower throttle input speeds, I would notice that where it clamps to the grip, the rubber would stay under the Vista Cruise, but the rest of the throttle would twist. Hence slowing down. At Highway speeds and higher RPMs, the throttle would hold tho I also tended to anticipate this and would twist it a bit more and it would fall back to about where I wanted it originally.

I am curious as to what version Vista you are using since mine doesn't attach to the throttle cable.
            My bad after trying to find a pic of it to show and unable to I went to the motovan.com site to look it up.
            It's actually called a NEP cruise control but is right next to the vista cruse unit.
            I never did like the vista cruise that attached to the grip and used the bar that attached to the bars etc. just looked too bulky and took up the hand grip. The NEP unit allwas you to keep the full grip.

I did have to do some very slight modifications to get it to work perfect with the OEM thotle housing and grips so that it would not make the throttle stick but that took me like 15 minutes.
            First thing I did was removed the raised lip around the center of the NEP cruise control to make it a thin as possible. Then I removed the OEM throttle grip and throttle sleeve and using a sharp knife, a file and some emory paper I removed the ridges and made the throttle sleeve smooth right up to the throttle housing (like a standard throttle sleeve). before I put the OEM throttle grip back on the sleeve i trimmed a 1/8" off the end by the bar end and when i slipped the grip back on this gave me a slight bit more clearance for the cruise control between the grip and the housing.

This NEP is similar to my NEP cruise control however mine has the little tab at the bottom to attach it to the throttle housing via the throttle cable screw, like the vista has below

this is the pics of the vista that works the same way

Last edited by hardlydangerous; 01-17-2008, 01:45 PM.
            98 GSX750F
            95 Honda VT600 vlx
            08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

i dont know if you are looking for a cheap "AID" for now, but these help!

Busters motorcycle Accessories - More than 70,000 parts and motor oil all top brands like Yamaha + Kawasaki + Suzuki + Honda + BMW + Aprilia. Directly from the shop, good and cheap

sits between thumb and wrist and is suprisingly comfortable

i dont know what they will be called over there though??

Comment

and again somthing i have never seen
                nick

Comment

Originally posted by mac.g View Post
                  i dont know if you are looking for a cheap "AID" for now, but these help!

Busters motorcycle Accessories - More than 70,000 parts and motor oil all top brands like Yamaha + Kawasaki + Suzuki + Honda + BMW + Aprilia. Directly from the shop, good and cheap

sits between thumb and wrist and is suprisingly comfortable

i dont know what they will be called over there though??

Throttle Rocker, http://www.throttlerocker.com/

I have one of these as well, however it's not a cruise control, more of a "piece of plastic that lets you rest your fingers by using your palm for pressure" control, or something like that. I tend to use this more than the Vista. I normally use the vista when I want to put my hand on the block to warm up my gloves/hands.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

To revist:

I found two different Audiovox cruises. One is vacuum, the other electronic. However, both have a large "tube" while the vacuum one has a smaller tube. Cyber, can you tell whether the big one is a vacuum tube. I've actually found the system for $199 at a couple of places (controller is extra) and might look into it if I ride to the rally.

Vacuum: http://www.audiovox.com/webapp/wcs/s...=786&langId=-1

Electronic: http://www.audiovox.com/webapp/wcs/s...=790&langId=-1
                    -Unknown Author

-Terence

Comment

For some reason, I can't get AudioVox.com to load, so I can't determine anything at all. The person to really ask is Squiggy, as he has hands-on experience with these units that I don't. Odds are he'll respond to a PM, but if not, he tends to hang at SportTouring.net from what I understand (under the same screenname).

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

their site worked yesterday, hope their product works better than their website

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

Originally posted by hardlydangerous View Post
                          My bad after trying to find a pic of it to show and unable to I went to the motovan.com site to look it up.
                          It's actually called a NEP cruise control but is right next to the vista cruse unit.
                          I never did like the vista cruise that attached to the grip and used the bar that attached to the bars etc. just looked too bulky and took up the hand grip. The NEP unit allwas you to keep the full grip.

I did have to do some very slight modifications to get it to work perfect with the OEM thotle housing and grips so that it would not make the throttle stick but that took me like 15 minutes.
                          First thing I did was removed the raised lip around the center of the NEP cruise control to make it a thin as possible. Then I removed the OEM throttle grip and throttle sleeve and using a sharp knife, a file and some emory paper I removed the ridges and made the throttle sleeve smooth right up to the throttle housing (like a standard throttle sleeve). before I put the OEM throttle grip back on the sleeve i trimmed a 1/8" off the end by the bar end and when i slipped the grip back on this gave me a slight bit more clearance for the cruise control between the grip and the housing.

This NEP is similar to my NEP cruise control however mine has the little tab at the bottom to attach it to the throttle housing via the throttle cable screw, like the vista has below

this is the pics of the vista that works the same way

http://www.manhoc.co.uk/vista_cruise.htm

Ahh, ok, yours is much different then mine. The vista Cruise I am using is more like this one ment for Zuk's verses a CBR which is the one you showed in the first picture. BTW, no thats not a picture of mine directly LOL Mines off the bike right now since it wanted to get grabby suddenly while in city traffic.
                          If its not broke, Hit it with a bigger hammer and blame it on cheap imports

RIP Dad 3/15/08 Love and miss ya already

Originally posted by Nero
                          Even I played for a minute or so, then I recovered what little manhood I had left and stopped.

Comment

OK, I know this threads been dead for a month, but I went to buy one of these above pictured style cruise control deals at a local cyclegear and I didnt know which model to buy. They had 3 different model #'s but all looked similar but one said for dual throttle cable, single throttle cable, etc... does anyone know or have a link to the exact one I need for a 2006 katana 600? And yes, I'm new to this all(first sport bike).
                            sigpicIn Memory Of Troy Allen Bell
                            RIP 06/24/53 - 01/08/08
                            I Miss You Pop
                            2006 GSX1300R Hayabusa
                            BMC aif filter,Lowered,Small air box mod,Bar riserers

Comment

dual throttle cable for your bike.........also got to deside which one, the one in the picture with the chrome switch block or the one above it. I'll look later tonight, but it should say on the back, like: suzuki, dual throttle, 7/8" bar.

they are more universal than exact fit. i personally would prefer the one above the one with the chrome switch block.

“Programming today is a race between software engineers stirring to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning.”

Comment

I believe that its the NEP brand that they stock. The options (part numbers) are CC2,CC3,CC4. I told asked 3 different guys there which one I needed, including the owner, and told them that my katana had dual throttle cables and they all looked at me like I was crazy and insisted that only dirtbikes have dual throttle cables,lol. I guess I'm gonna have to wait till it warms up and ride it up there to prove them wrong and get the right part.
                                sigpicIn Memory Of Troy Allen Bell
                                RIP 06/24/53 - 01/08/08
                                I Miss You Pop
                                2006 GSX1300R Hayabusa
                                BMC aif filter,Lowered,Small air box mod,Bar riserers

Comment

Working...
                                X