X

New Bodywork Development - assistance / input needed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Bodywork Development - assistance / input needed

As some of you may know, as part of our relocation to Oregon I started my own design firm. A branch of the studio is focused on parts development for various motorcycles and as such one of the first scheduled projects is some aftermarket parts for the gsxf models.

Brandon in Bellingham, WA has loaned me a 98+ GSXF600 for development of a set of complete race style fairings. Seperately, I will also be developing a new tailsection to offer an alternative option than stock. This is a fairly intensive project and I'd appreciate input from fellow katriders along the way.

Also, since the body shop is going to be active, if anyone has a spare 80-83 Katana 750/1100 fuel tank they wouldn't mind loaning or partin with, please drop me a email or pm. I have a special project instore for the Old Skool kat owners if all goes as planned.

Any other ideas...shoot me a pm!
    Last edited by Guest; 11-10-2007, 06:45 PM.

I cant help with a tank but will be excited to see what you have to offer. On a tail section I really like how the 06 gixxer tails look if you could come up with something simalar that would bolt on a 98 750 kat I would deffently buy
    "I wanna go fast"

Comment

Originally posted by GixxerJoe View Post
      I cant help with a tank but will be excited to see what you have to offer. On a tail section I really like how the 06 gixxer tails look if you could come up with something simalar that would bolt on a 98 750 kat I would deffently buy
      Everything will be 100% bolt on. I'm going to try and keep everything so the stock seat can be utilized as well.
      Last edited by Guest; 11-10-2007, 07:01 PM.

Comment

This has me excited! I look forward to where this goes.
        "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
        JOHN 16:33

Comment

Man what a tease. Can't wait to see something !
          2000 Katana 600
          2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Oh it's going to be crazy. Look at the Frankenkat!
            "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
            JOHN 16:33

Comment

I am also gonna keep an eye on this post and very interested... Perhaps offering pre-painted stock colors for the peices as well, or maybe Carbon Fiber!?

Comment

Originally posted by Cracken View Post
                I am also gonna keep an eye on this post and very interested... Perhaps offering pre-painted stock colors for the peices as well, or maybe Carbon Fiber!?
                Carbon Fiber is a possibility depending on availability (aircraft manufaacturers and miltary contractors have been sucking up a large share of the supply). No painting services unfortunately...just not something I plan on getting into.

Comment

no love for the pre's? oh well, guess they're too pretty to mess with anyway
                  90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                  I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                  Originally posted by soulless kaos
                  but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

It'll be interesting to see what you come up with

Originally posted by Waltari View Post
                    No painting services unfortunately...just not something I plan on getting into.
                    Do not get into painting them, that's just begging for trouble.
                    Kyle

Comment

are you actually doing clay modeling with a mill or are you doing this by hand with foam?

I have a list of to-do's to the woman's kat.....but CF bodywork is in the very distant future if she plans to keep it. Fiberglass and CF are not hard to do...doing them pretty is the hard part.
                      Last edited by suzuki4life; 11-11-2007, 09:14 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Originally posted by suzuki4life View Post
                        are you actually doing clay modeling with a mill or are you doing this by hand with foam?

I have a list of to-do's to the woman's kat.....but CF bodywork is in the very distant future if she plans to keep it. Fiberglass and CF are not hard to do...doing them pretty is the hard part.
                        Traditional industrial design claywork for the plug.

Comment

thats an amazing business idea. Make fairings for every style of bike. Like a body kit for tuner cars, only bikes.

I see millions in revenue already

Comment

that is a pretty expensive investment in tooling.

So that means you would either need to produce tons or your parts would be super expensive to cover the tooling costs.

Either way, good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Edbean View Post
                              thats an amazing business idea. Make fairings for every style of bike. Like a body kit for tuner cars, only bikes.

I see millions in revenue already

Hmmm, every bike huh? Focusing on gsxf models for now since noone makes anything aftermarket other than a few stock replacements. I do have some projects in the works for my slingshot streetfighter (like a composite core self supporting carbon seat/subframe)

Comment

Working...
                              X