X

Any idea if this is fixable?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any idea if this is fixable?

Here's the damage to my upper right fairing. Any idea if this can be fixed, and if so, suggestions on how would be great!

97 GSX600F
    76 CB750F
    71 CB175

Anything's possible . Plasticwelding is what you wanna research . You MAY have to have a donor piece you can either weld in there , or shape your own . A donor piece MAY be a little tougher to come by . If you can find a right upper that's trashed (not hard to come by ) , yet the area you need is intact , cut it out , cut YOURS out , then weld in the donor section , sand , and repaint . I know it SOUNDS easy , and I ain't even done my own yet , but I will eventually .
    I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

+1 on what md said, anything is possible, and yes, that is fixable pending you have a donor part to splice in.

Surprised you didn't break the headlight, unless you already replaced that....

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Originally posted by EmpiGTV
      You know why you shouldn't hold in your farts? Because they'll travel up your spine and into your brain. That's where shitty ideas come from.

Comment

It was there when I purchased it, no clue what the hell happened. So I'll just replace the whole piece.
        97 GSX600F
        76 CB750F
        71 CB175

Comment

Anyone who works with fairings can easily fix that. You might consider handing it over to a professional, unless you have all materials necessary, wich will cost a bundle of $$$...
          Too old to dream, too young to reason...
          I am fond of my rough edges.
          sigpic

Comment

I don't know of anyone around here. It's easy enough to slap a whole fairing on, so that's the route I'll take. Probably cost as much or less than a repair as well.
            97 GSX600F
            76 CB750F
            71 CB175

Comment

well, that part isn't fiberglass.

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic1016 View Post
                well, that part isn't fiberglass.
                I'm fully aware, it's plastic... not sure what you meant by your comment.
                97 GSX600F
                76 CB750F
                71 CB175

Comment

bondo... then again im lazy

Comment

Anything more than a skim coat will not last long so far as bondo goes. But if I can't find a fairing I can afford soon, hell, I guess I could do that for a temporary "make it look better" fix
                    97 GSX600F
                    76 CB750F
                    71 CB175

Comment

New fairing color matched ain't gonna be cheap (like $500) . Fixing it yourself and painting it , the WHOLE bike even , will still get you off cheaper . Unless you happen to get lucky and score a perfect used one that's already the color you need off ebay .
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I wasn't planning on brand new by any means. Just looking for a non cracked or broken one. As far as the disgusting gold color, I hope I don't find one that color. I need an excuse to paint it. It makes me want to vomit. I even have some yellow paint left over from one of my old Starions, but I'm trying to decide, yellow or black...
                        97 GSX600F
                        76 CB750F
                        71 CB175

Comment

Originally posted by starion88esir View Post
                          I wasn't planning on brand new by any means. Just looking for a non cracked or broken one. As far as the disgusting gold color, I hope I don't find one that color. I need an excuse to paint it. It makes me want to vomit. I even have some yellow paint left over from one of my old Starions, but I'm trying to decide, yellow or black...
                          do what kenny is doing.... take off ur fairings, prep, spraycan paint with primer, then spray flat black, and a flat clear coat.... that would be hard

Comment

I'd love a flat yellow. I'm sick of flat black. But I don't know anyone who does flat colors. Maybe I should look around more, has to be someone...

(My 97 Civic hatch with air ride is flat black) I'll be glad once I get rid of it.
                            97 GSX600F
                            76 CB750F
                            71 CB175

Comment

Originally posted by starion88esir View Post
                              I'm fully aware, it's plastic... not sure what you meant by your comment.
                              Chris meant it's easy as hell to repair that. all you need is a soldering gun nothing more (however easier) nothing less (will do the job) and a bit off donorplastics (you find that at the lower section off the original lowers, those ugly triangular_cut_out thingies)

Comment

Working...
                              X