jackets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by katman05
    owace wrote
    i disagree i really feel my leather jacket ventilates extremely well. i have worn it for over 6 hours w/o feeling uncomfortable in it.
    Any mesh jacket will be cooler than leather unless your leather jacket is perforated and has good vents. It ain't brain surgery, the mesh has big holes in it and leather doesn't, and even on a perforated leather jacket, the holes in the mesh are larger.
    i r apologizes. i meant to say you don't necessarily need to trade off being comfortable for protection. a perforated leather jacket is extremely comfortable, not sure how much more comfortable mesh can be over that (i cant imagine wind hitting you at 80 mph is a nice feeling...)

Comment

No need to apologize owace, I wore my leather and my mesh jackets when I was down at the rally and when it's around 90 degrees and humid the mesh feels really good at 80 mph. I just think that the mesh gives you a false sense of security because I'm almost positive it would get shredded in a fall. I have both and unless it's extremely humid I'll use the leather jacket because I kind of feel unsafe in the mesh. Just my 2 cents?
      R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

Sport Rider this month has this HUGE section on hot weather gear ..... And wouldn't you know it , several leather jackets are in there and got GREAT rating .
        I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by katman05
          No need to apologize owace, I wore my leather and my mesh jackets when I was down at the rally and when it's around 90 degrees and humid the mesh feels really good at 80 mph. I just think that the mesh gives you a false sense of security because I'm almost positive it would get shredded in a fall. I have both and unless it's extremely humid I'll use the leather jacket because I kind of feel unsafe in the mesh. Just my 2 cents?
          i guess i'm really sensitive. wind really affects me.. parts of my skin that are exposed end up pink a day after a ride from wind buffeting...

Comment

just wear ANY gear....no good hanging in a closet ....but in my experience, just get leather, as for most of us on here who have been around awhile, if you do any kind of 'sport' riding, you will get leather...and in my case, it is the only thing I will wear. I was givin a mesh jacket...wore it on one short ride...didn't feel comfortable to my mind.

Just don't get ICON...you will look like a tool.

Comment

funny that you said that, cause the jacket that i was looking at just now was the Icon Temax 2 textile jacket...is that not a good brand?? or is it just weird looking...

Comment

Originally posted by md86
                I crashed in a mesh jacket . I was unimpressed with how well it DIDN'T hold up and how much rash I STILL got . So far all I've had is a minor spill in the leather one , but I wouldn't go back to mesh . Just some food for thought .
                Sounds like you don't need better gear you need better riding
                here's some southerly advice that may come in handy down the road a piece... Next time you are too drunk to drive, walk to the nearest pizza shop and place a delivery order. When they go to deliver it, catch a ride home with them.
                http://s67.photobucket.com/albums/h311/dragkota98/

Comment

Originally posted by dragkota
                  Originally posted by md86
                  I crashed in a mesh jacket . I was unimpressed with how well it DIDN'T hold up and how much rash I STILL got . So far all I've had is a minor spill in the leather one , but I wouldn't go back to mesh . Just some food for thought .
                  Sounds like you don't need better gear you need better riding
                  Sounds like you should blow me .
                  I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by Range
                    just wear ANY gear....no good hanging in a closet ....but in my experience, just get leather, as for most of us on here who have been around awhile, if you do any kind of 'sport' riding, you will get leather...and in my case, it is the only thing I will wear. I was givin a mesh jacket...wore it on one short ride...didn't feel comfortable to my mind.

Just don't get ICON...you will look like a tool.

Range show us your Icon jackets!!

typo edit!
                    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                    JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by katana28
                      funny that you said that, cause the jacket that i was looking at just now was the Icon Temax 2 textile jacket...is that not a good brand?? or is it just weird looking...

Yes, Icon makes excellent products. There is a thread on here somewhere were a rider went down with an Icon Jacket on and it saved him. Some guys I ride with wear Icon gear and it is well made and they have no complaints about the gear. I have some Icon stuff on the way and I will write a review on it when it arrives. I do own a mils spec icon vest and it is nice! Very well made and does what it says it does. In fact, dozens of riders on base wear them now because of how well they are made and how they look.
                      "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."

Comment

Originally posted by Timbercreek
                        Tourmaster Intake!
                        FTW! Thats a great jacket IMO
                        2006 Suzuki GSX-R 600

Comment

I have a Tour Master Draft but haven't taken a fall so don't know how well it holds up. Very comfortable at speed.

Take a look at Draggin Jean Kevlar mesh shirt. A little pricey but should give some protection against rash if you are sliding.

Comment

I have an Icon jacket. It is ok as long as you are moving, but heats up fast when you stop.
                            I have yet to go down in it, but I will let you know how that works if I do. My only complaint is that it does not have a very good back protector. Some of the JR gear and the A* gear has a hard back protector, this one just has a thick pad.

Comment

i bought my first jacket today (not the one that i wanted but this one will do till i can find the "one"). i cant find any stores here in fort lauderdale that sells ICON gear (i found the jacket online, newenough.com but dont want to buy it without trying it on, thought i would have some luck today but nope, nothing)...got a pretty good deal though. did any of you get ICON online?? how are the sizes??

Comment

My Icon gear arrived yesterday. I got the XL gloves which run the same as JR. I got size 34 Hooligan pants which fit like a true 34. The jacket though is XL and it fits the same as the JR size Large. I would have been up the creek had I not checked out that sizing chart and ordered the large instead. The gloves and pants are top notch. The Stage 2 Team Merc jacket is nice but the padding is not as thick as my other jackets. It is more flexible though and actually could be worn as a hang out jacket it is so comfortable and good looking.

Comment

Working...
                                X