X

sticker glue removal

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sticker glue removal

the previous owner removed the warning stickers from my bike but there is a clear outline where they used to be. I thought about using goof off to remove it, but I don't wanna damage the paint. suggestions?

Goof off would work...I actually have used specific adhesive removers and that works just fine...

Comment

i work for a detail shop and we use goo gone to remove stickers. both my car and bike are debadged and that is what i used. when you are done put a coat of wax on the bike.

Comment

it is possible you will still have an outline, depending on how old the bike is. the paint will be "newer" under the sticker as the rest fades from sunlight. that is why I am leaving mine on my 12yr old bike.
        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

^ GOOD POINT!
          l
          (((((((RIDE HARD OR GO HOME)))))))

Comment

I used goo gone and it worked great. thanks

Comment

How long did it take with the goo gone?
              A fucked up ride is better than a dressed up walk

Comment

I started peeling off the stickers. Do I need to or just apply the goo gone on top
                A fucked up ride is better than a dressed up walk

Comment

peel off the sticker with a haor dryer SLOWLY when the sticker is removed use goo gone on lighter fluid when that is done rinse off well with hot water and then apply wax.

Comment

I used a product called OOPS! to remove my stickers. It did a great job. One warning someone once posted that they used that stuff with a plastic scraper. They left the scraper wrapped in a rag soaked in OOP! and went to lunch. When they hot back the scraper was melted. So I would not leave it soaking too long.

Comment

Working...
                    X