X

Slippery Crotch!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slippery Crotch!

So, I bought some leathers over the winter, and I had a chance to test them out yesterday.
    I love them. Going to take some breaking-in to get free-movement, but all-in-all, they're good.

Problem, however.... the crotch and inside of the thigh is made with a stretch-panel... nylon of sorts.
    It's great for shifting side to side in corners 'cause there's zero resistance, but, in acceleration, I'm finding that I slip backwards on the seat.
    Short of having to crush the seat with my ever-so-powerful thighs, is there anything that I can do to make things a little... less slippery?
    the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
    # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
    [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

You did that on purpose!

How about grip tape on the seat.

Comment

Hmmm I didn't have the problem w/my leathers while riding but as pillion as I did. We covered the seat in that rubbery stuff you line kitchen drawers with. That might help but I'm not sure if it would in your case. You could try it though.

Comment

got your attention tho, didn't it??

i still want to be able to shift easily in corners tho... just... not slide totally off the seat lol
        the kat may be the gixxer's retarded cousin, but she's a hefty broad... and i do loves me some girth between my thighs.
        # 99 HYPERSLOTH RACING
        [02 gsx750f][03 cbr600rr]

Comment

just squeeze the tank
          Guylaine
          Try and keep up now

Comment

Originally posted by kat_kitten View Post
            Short of having to crush the seat with my ever-so-powerful thighs, is there anything that I can do to make things a little... less slippery?

Oh I'm not going to touch this one with a 10' pole, but I'll sit back and read every other smart a$$ response though
            Sex Panther cologne -- 60% of the time, it works every time

Comment

Got my attention!
              THE DOC
              RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
              Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
              mistake when you make it again.
              sigpic

Comment

Having a slippery crotch is not the fault of your leathers..... well, unless you REALLY like your leathers!
                Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Shift your weight to your legs. I think that the "slippery" nature is a benefit.
                  -Steve

sigpic
                  Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                  Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Tank grip pads. I'm about to put some on my KLR. I go sliding all around the flat seat on my KLR in my textile gear. I'm about to throw some on there just to keep from sliding off the back and sliding into the tank.
                    Pics
                    Pics
                    No pics yet
                    Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

heh I hate slipping forward when I brake more than backwards but not alot of friction with the leathers and bikes seat
                      sigpic

Comment

uh um uuuuhhhhh just gonna leave it at that before i get in trouble
                        1990 kat 600 sigpic

Comment

HOLY CRAP!!! I've been gone too long....just stopped by to see what was up.....and the see this on the index page

and

I dont have "hobbies" I'm developing a robust Post-Apocalyptic skill set....

http://www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com

Comment

I was always told that you wanted it slippery while riding . Maybe I have been doing it wrong.
                            Solve two of the worlds problems: Feed the homeless to the hungry.

Comment

Ok..... I just said Five "Our Father"s and ten "Hail Mary"s for my deviant thoughts........ and promised not to post on the grounds it could incriminate me.
                              sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                              ------------------------------------------
                              89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                              96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Working...
                              X